Alex Sanchez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Alex Sanchez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Area51's » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:23 pm

Have him on a team of mine, but wished I didn't; but couldn't resist since he dropped so low in draft.

Just one of the guys that is a huge risk/reward. Could swipe 60+ (or even 70+ at last years Tigers swiping rate) but has tons of cons:

doesn't get on base
bad in clubhouse (allegedly)
not great fielder
not THAT great of SB% rate for the studs
no power or plate judgement, doesn't even get the "scrappy" label.

I guess I'll ride w/ him on that team, but sure hate having someone considered a poor baseball player in my clubhouse. Bad for morale don't ya know! :-o
Area51's
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:40 pm

Just to sort of 'freshen up' my earlier post, I didn't really dump Sanchez because I think HE specifically sucks but because I decided to 'punt' SB (although I'm 'winning' the category in H2H...1-0, thanks to Soriano's bag!).

I have Ramirez, G. Anderson, Sheffield and Carlos Lee. There's just no way I can justify benching that much bat to try to pick up a couple of extra steals this week.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby KULCAT » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:53 am

AcidRock23 wrote:Just to sort of 'freshen up' my earlier post, I didn't really dump Sanchez because I think HE specifically sucks but because I decided to 'punt' SB (although I'm 'winning' the category in H2H...1-0, thanks to Soriano's bag!).

I have Ramirez, G. Anderson, Sheffield and Carlos Lee. There's just no way I can justify benching that much bat to try to pick up a couple of extra steals this week.

If your puntings SB´s try and get a Soriano for Kent package. Kent is a much better hitter
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:09 am

Nah, I am not writing Soriano off just yet. 1) He's been 'streaky' before 2) He was playing the As brutal staff 3) I want to give Alfonso a shot at Arlington against a team w/ weaker pitching 4) Jeff Kent's Jeff Gillooley mustache, cheezball attitude. I know I could probably pull that off, and perhaps get a 'toss' in too but I have really disliked Kent ever since DirtBikeGate.

KULCAT wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:Just to sort of 'freshen up' my earlier post, I didn't really dump Sanchez because I think HE specifically sucks but because I decided to 'punt' SB (although I'm 'winning' the category in H2H...1-0, thanks to Soriano's bag!).

If your puntings SB´s try and get a Soriano for Kent package. Kent is a much better hitter

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:22 am

ooops, that was me.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers