Alex Sanchez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Alex Sanchez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Kelly Gruber » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:31 pm

Pierre is better, but Sanchez is much more economical; Pierre was drafted in the 5th round of my pool, and I drafted Sanchez in the 3rd last round.
Detroit gives him the green light whenever he's on base (look at how many times he ran after he was traded to Detroit last year), and the result will be cheap stolen bases...that is all I want from him...
An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer
Kelly Gruber
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:34 pm

Yes his OBA was lower, but people are not only saying Sanchez is far worse than Pierre, they're saying he might lose his leadoff role and his CF spot. And that he's one dimensional. Well he's never played a full season, that's why I said give him a chance. a .290 BA is pretty good, and I see him improving as he gets more time in the majors. Pierre wasn't that great when he first started either. His OBA away from Coors field was under .300 in 2002. That was his 2nd full season. Sanchez hasn't even had one full season yet and people are writing him off already. Pierre is praised as the best leadoff hitter in the majors and some people are saying Sanchez will lose his job as CF for a team with no other alternative. Sanchez could be every bit as good as Pierre this season.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:36 pm

Kelly Gruber wrote:Detroit gives him the green light whenever he's on base

That's the problem, he has to get on base. haha, just giving you a hard time...I can't stand the guy, but he's too valuable to drop so I guess I'm stuck with him. Him and his 0/5 nights.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby LBJackal » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:41 pm

Yeah good and bad nights happen. It's tough to see 0/5 from somebody, but you have to remember that these things happen. Don't make any assumptions until the first week or two are completed. Conversely, this is a good time to snag guys that have started poorly. ie: Moose, and just about every other marquee starter. Leave your lineup until at least the middle of April and you won't be kicking yourself when Sanchez has a .300 BA and 35 SB's in July (this isn't a prediction, it's an example.....although, I can see it happening :-D )

LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:45 pm

LBJackal wrote:Yeah good and bad nights happen. It's tough to see 0/5 from somebody, but you have to remember that these things happen. Don't make any assumptions until the first week or two are completed. Conversely, this is a good time to snag guys that have started poorly. ie: Moose, and just about every other marquee starter. Leave your lineup until at least the middle of April and you won't be kicking yourself when Sanchez has a .300 BA and 35 SB's in July (this isn't a prediction, it's an example.....although, I can see it happening :-D )

I hope so....I'm giving Sanchez until early May to get at least 6 or 7 steals...if not, he's either being traded or dropped. Tike Redman is awfully tempting in the free agent pool, his Avg is a lot better and would sacrifice maybe 25 SBs, while getting more HRs and RBIs.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Madison » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:01 am

I've banked on him for some steals too. I don't care if he gets a hit or a walk, just as long as he swipes a few bases. Really didn't want this slow start though. :-/
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Y`s Guy » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:15 am

Just before the season started I found a guy who took Sanchez and gave me Odalis Perez in return.

}:-)
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Nomar4prez » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:16 am

Well I traded Pierre for Zito, and picked up Sanchez b/c of advice from certain individuals on here talking up Sanchez. I'm praying that he stays in the leadoff spot.
Last edited by Nomar4prez on Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LBJackal » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:59 am

Certain individuals? Damn, I got pressue on me know :-o

Come onnnnnnnnnn, Alex!

LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:13 am

LBJackal wrote:Certain individuals? Damn, I got pressue on me know :-o

Come onnnnnnnnnn, Alex!

LOL, yeah you've got like 5 people in this thread who aren't thrilled with him at the moment. I admit that when I started this post, my emotions got the best of me....I can handle 0/4 nights once in a while, but nothing infuriates me more than 0/5 nights. I've calmed down since then though, I'll hang on to him for a while. Or until he loses his job ;-)
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers