Keeper Input..WHIR as always - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keeper Input..WHIR as always

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper Input..WHIR as always

Postby baseballstud » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:08 am

Hey fellas. It has been a while since we last had baseball. But sure enough it looks to be creeping on us very fast. I'm looking for some input on keepers for the coming season. I've done keeper leagues here and there but not steadily through the years. I'm taking over a buddies old team in a league I've been waiting to get into for a while. Let me know what you think about keeping these guys. 3 year keeper max.

Keeper rules are as followed: 1. can keep max 5 guys can keep each player 3 times unless the following
2. each year you keep a player they move up a round example. if i keep bryce harper in rd 3 this year and if i wish to keep him again next year he will become a 2nd rd keeper
3. if you wish to keep a first rounder you can only keep him once, keep a second rounder keep him twice so on and so forth
if you wish to keep two player that are in the same rd you loss you next highest pick example. keeping two players in rd 8 will make you loss picks in rd 7 AND 8
4. if you keep two players from rd 1. you loss your second pick and you are only allowed to keep one other player that year. example. say you want to keep trout and kershaw this year, youd loss your first and secon rd pick and only be allowed to keep trout kershaw and ONE other player. also after that year all 3 of those keepers become available.

My choices are between: Joey Bats round 2, wil myers Average round drafted minus 2rounds , justin upton round 3, puig average round drafted minus 2 rounds, longoria round 4, scherzer round 7, or verlander round 1, kimbrel-round 6, austin jackson-round 10
Last edited by baseballstud on Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
baseballstud
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper Input..WHIR as always

Postby fast dogs » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:41 am

tough post to read. Myers is -2? verlander shouldn't be kept for sure. a clearer post would get better answers. puig- average round drafted -2 rounds, don't Myers and Puig have a specific round attached? your keeper rules make sense, the rounds these guys cost to keep I'm not getting
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 304)

Postby Irish Drunk » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:35 am

Longoria at round 4 and Scherzer at round 7 stands out as good value to me. Myers and Puig at ADP less 2 rounds, probably not.
Irish Drunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 160)

Postby Philly_05 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:54 am

I would go with Longoria and Scherzer for sure. Then I would strongly consider Kimbrel as well. Some clarification on exact round for Puig and Myers would be helpful.
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 637)

Postby baseballstud » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:55 pm

sorry guys. As far as guys like Myers and Puig go, the rule is that anyone who was added from the FA wire during the previous season can be kept at their ADP for this season MINUS 2 rounds. So if Puig is going in the 4th round on average, you would lose a 6th rounder. I believe the commish uses ESPN ADP to determine those stats. That should make more sense.
baseballstud
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hanny2042 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:48 am

I would keep Upton, Longo, Scherzer, Kimbrel.

I would consider Myers, but that is 50/50 to me. The quick google search I did for his ADP was about 59, which would make it either late 4th or early 5th round in a 12 team league. I probably keep him as a 6th or 7th rounder. If not for this season alone, for his potential the 2 seasons after that.

If a 3rd is too rich for you to keep Upton, I would consider AJax. While I don't love him, a 10th rounder for him is not bad at all in my opinion.

Thanks for you help on mine!
hanny2042
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 23)

Postby MadDog36 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:39 am

hanny2042 wrote:I would keep Upton, Longo, Scherzer, Kimbrel.

I would consider Myers, but that is 50/50 to me. The quick google search I did for his ADP was about 59, which would make it either late 4th or early 5th round in a 12 team league. I probably keep him as a 6th or 7th rounder. If not for this season alone, for his potential the 2 seasons after that.

If a 3rd is too rich for you to keep Upton, I would consider AJax. While I don't love him, a 10th rounder for him is not bad at all in my opinion.

Thanks for you help on mine!

Upton, Longo, Scherzer, Kimbrel. ;-D
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1956)

Postby baseballstud » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:49 am

forgot about one more possible keep...Napoli as a 13th round pick
baseballstud
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Philly_05 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:58 pm

I don't think Napoli is worthy of a keeper slot. In our fantasy point league he's not even really worth a roster spot. Let alone giving up a 13th round pick. We are mid draft ourselves and most teams keep 17-20 players based on cap. He's still available going into the 12th round of our draft lol.
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 637)

Postby stlcards02 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:16 pm

Longoria and Scherzer for sure. I'm a big Wil Myers fan, so I would lean him as well. Kimbrel I could see a case for as well in the 6th, depends on how you feel about closers. As for Upton, I'm not a fan so I hesitate when it comes to him. Verlander and Puig are throwbacks for me.

So, Longoria, Scherzer, Myers, and Kimbrel are who I could see going with. Good luck!

Any thoughts here?

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=466420

Edit: Read that as Bautista, as it is Votto I would certainly go with him as well.
Last edited by stlcards02 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stlcards02
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 37)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions