Keep Cano, Braun, or Neither?? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keep Cano, Braun, or Neither?? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Keep Cano, Braun, or Neither?? WHIR

Postby stlcards02 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:16 pm

fast dogs wrote:tough here because you don't have any super bargains; Mauer prob has as much value in this format as any at least for this year. Generally I'd prefer to toss anyone back who I think I could get back for the same price; you could keep the other 4 and toss both expensive players back or keep 3/4. Craig is in and after that you aren't gaining or losing much. No $1-$2 players?

Two catchers and Mauer playing 1B this year may have swayed us to keep him. There aren't any $1-2 guys as our salaries scale each year. Like $1-5 guys go up $5 each year, and so on.
stlcards02
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kidsilk » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:16 pm

I agree with GiantsFan and would keep both of them. Braun, even off of roids will be worth 30 bucks. Those aren't bad prices for those guys and will go for that or more in most drafts.

please help

viewtopic.php?t=466475
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1231)

Postby lorneg34 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:25 pm

how much money do you have if you didnt keep either?
theres a lot of players available that you listed that are worth just as much or even better value then the two of them.

how much will a top player like stras or kershaw go for?
braun after his tricky year is tough to value. someone might really like him and pay a lot, i personally see him at $33 as a discount price based on last season becasue he can just as easily go out there and put up mike trout numbers (because he has done it before) and he would become a steal.
i would throw cano back, im not a believer of safeco field....like someone said, its where hitters go to die. their lineup is not impressive, the field isnt impressive. more games played at places like Oakland, where its even worse for hitters. his power numbers will be down, his rbi numbers will be down. i would rather spend the $33 on someone like Freeman, encarnacion or beltre.

beltre at that price over cano with fielder and choo hitting in front of him would be a great deal for you instead.
keep craig and braun. toss cano

please help!
viewtopic.php?t=466588
lorneg34
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 17)

Postby baseballstud » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:10 am

I might actually be more inclined to keep Braun than Cano, but I'm not sure I can justify letting Robinson go right away. Safeco or no Safeco it's tough to quit on him already. I would like to see a little more of the money breakdown (that can be a lot I know) but that would definitely help. I think Braun would be worth 30 dollars anyways? Tough to judge with his season last year but I'm holding him if I'm you.

thanks for mine
baseballstud
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 39)

Postby stlcards02 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:59 am

baseballstud wrote:I might actually be more inclined to keep Braun than Cano, but I'm not sure I can justify letting Robinson go right away. Safeco or no Safeco it's tough to quit on him already. I would like to see a little more of the money breakdown (that can be a lot I know) but that would definitely help. I think Braun would be worth 30 dollars anyways? Tough to judge with his season last year but I'm holding him if I'm you.

thanks for mine

It's a 16-team Roto, with $260. Players can be kept for up to 3 years with a scaling salary system, so a guy that was drafted at $1-5 increases by $5, $6-10 by $4, $11-16 by $3, $17-25 by $2, and $26+ by $1. Braun and Cano only have next season to be kept and then they have to be thrown back. We start 5 OF too btw.

Notable names drafted last season:

Votto $34
Fielder $34
Longoria $31
Stanton $33
Pedroia $29
Kinsler $27 (to compare to Cano)
Cliff Lee $26
stlcards02
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 31)