Drop an Owner? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Drop an Owner?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drop an Owner?

Postby BlueClaws » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:35 pm

The league I run is going into it's 6th year. We all started brand new to fantasy baseball at the same time and it's become a good competitive league. One owner came in and did me a big favor 2 years ago when someone dropped out suddenly a week before the draft. This owner in that 2 years has not really paid attention to his lineup, has not become the least bit knowledgeable in the game, and has not answered trade offers. I had to adjust his lineup 4 times last year. I also had to change his lineup this year in order to make his lineup legal to make a trade. He never responds to ANY emails sent to him. The problem is 2 of us work with him and the other guy is his boss. I talked to him face to face 2 weeks ago and asked if he was in this year, as I had someone that wanted to take his place. He told me he was in and promised to pay attention. Well it's been 2 weeks now and no response to any offers etc. He tells me his computer is broke. It's been broke for 2 years, because I heard this excuse before. I was told he was offered access to a laptop by the guy he works with, and we also have computers at work for him to use. I confronted him again yesterday and he tells me he's going to pay more attention......again. He's not a bad guy. I think he doesn't have many friends and I feel a little sorry for him actually. My plan now is to give him until Sunday to adjust his lineup. If it's not done, he will be replaced Sunday afternoon. Does this seem fair to you, or is this a JO move on my part? Thanks for any insight and thanks for letting me vent.
BlueClaws
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Drop an Owner?

Postby kingmike74 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:44 am

I'd have no part of it and would drop him
"I can't wait to put the uniform on each day" ~ Bobby Cox
kingmike74
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 28)

Postby bigmck » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:24 am

I think since you talked to him this year, you should follow up with an email and say that the league needs to have all teams active and that if his is not active this year, you will have to replace him for 2015. That is only fair. I know the problem with that. I went through the same thing myself. Good luck
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby jdouble777 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:21 pm

bigmck wrote:I think since you talked to him this year, you should follow up with an email and say that the league needs to have all teams active and that if his is not active this year, you will have to replace him for 2015. That is only fair. I know the problem with that. I went through the same thing myself. Good luck

He could easily ruin the season, this year, for everyone. You have given him numerous chances and when someone resorts to mindless excuses instead of owning the mistake/situation that is your sign that improvement is unlikely. We all have smart phones and thus are not limited to just computers anymore. I would touch base with the other owners and see if this issue has become frustrating to them if you are still hesitant to replace him today. Odds are, they are, and as commish it is your responsibility to ensure everyone is not just content but love their league.
jdouble777
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 56)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner