Need opinions on my P's And OF's - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Need opinions on my P's And OF's

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need opinions on my P's And OF's

Postby CrankHouse » Mon May 27, 2002 3:01 am

Ok i am in a head to head league and my Pitchers are B.Colon,Park,Oswalt,F.Garcia,and J.Vazquez My question is what do ya think of my staff and would you drop one of these pitchers for Prior? Thanks for any help on this.

Second my outfielders are Berkman,M.Oronez,Guerrero, and A.Jones. Same as above what do ya think of my outfielders and would you drop one of them for S.Green.Thnaks again for the help. !+)
CrankHouse

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Mon May 27, 2002 5:10 am

It depends on the number of teams in your league, of course, but it looks like you have a top-notch rotation. The only one out of those five that I'm not too high on is Park. Especially since the other four are so solid, I think you have room to take a risk on a youngster and grab Prior. I certainly would, given how Prior handled his first outing.

Berkman, Ordonez and Guerrero are absolute studs. Even if you're playing in a four-team league, this trio is excellent. Jones is a notch below those three, at about the same level as Green. Which one to take out of those two is basically just a judgment call. I'd take Green, in the hope that his amazing outburst will raise his confidence and elevate his level of play.

If the rest of your team looks like this, you should be in great shape.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby it'sbeenawhile » Mon May 27, 2002 5:16 am

If you were to replace a pitcher with Prior, I would suggest replacing Chan Ho Park because to my knowledge, he is the most inconsistent pitcher on your staff (although I don't know a lot of F. Garcia's numbers this year)

Your outfield looks fine. Green's on an incredible tear, but I feel as if he'll taper off a bit. If it's head to head, you might give thought to replacing A. Jones with Green---you gotta go with who's hot! Otherwise, you've got the right mix in your outfield.

Just my opinion,
Shreeps
it'sbeenawhile

green

Postby cwebb » Mon May 27, 2002 7:14 am

Green has been a great hitter, and he showed he can do it again. He won't keep this up of course but he's much better than Jones...

And I'd also consider taking Prior instead of Park, I just wonder what league you are playing in if Prior is still available!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Bamma » Tue May 28, 2002 12:58 am

Thanks For the help guys i ended up dropping andruq jones and chan ho park and picked up sean green and mark prior.Think i Made a mistake that will haunt me or will this end up working out for me.thanks again for ya help. Oh the league i am in is a four team league with some friends of mine its a head to head league. ;-)
Bamma

Postby Arlo » Tue May 28, 2002 2:50 am

Four-team leagues are tough. All the teams are loaded with studs, and you wind up looking for subtle nuances that can give you an edge. I think these were good moves; Prior is one of the very, very few rookies who have a chance of making an impact in a league like this. Good luck!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Crankhouse » Tue May 28, 2002 11:39 am

thanks for the reply arlo i hope it works out because going into this week theres a 3 way tie for first.
Crankhouse

Postby Arlo » Tue May 28, 2002 11:53 am

... which I hope you're part of!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baseball Leftovers