link to my 5x5 10 team draft, questions? comments? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

link to my 5x5 10 team draft, questions? comments?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

link to my 5x5 10 team draft, questions? comments?

Postby stevelabny » Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:48 am

tell me what u think of the draft overall, the teams, and my team is Team Angle

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... &lid=81292
stevelabny
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby syphir » Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:22 pm

You have a solid team - nice offensive balance of power and speed and pitching is good too although I might worry about your closers after Foulke. Is Mantei back to full health and skills? Alfonseca is a time bomb and Embree isn't definite as the #1 closing option, is he? I might deal one of your OFs for a more reliable closer (if there is such a thing).

The draft: a bit unusual but the most immediate point is Hudson dropping so far! Eight round is really low. And I think you nabbed Perez too early - you could have waited on him and grabbed Hudson, Maddux, or Morris - all of whom I value higher than Perez.
Pierzynski also went WAY high - I hope that was a mistake, but looking at his next pick, something tells me not. That guy must be on drugs or something to take two (not even high-value) catchers so early in the draft.
Another that dropped kinda low: Burrell.

Overall, I like Fightin Italians although he will need to improve his OF and Exploding Manholes if he picks up some speed.
syphir
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby stevelabny » Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:18 am

hey i got a reply

ok heres what i'll add

my pithcing staff was gonna be anchored by halladay, but he went with the pick right before mine in the 4th round. there were no other starters or bats i was in love with, so i was gonna go prior, schmidt, odalis in 4-5-6. (thinking schmidt will be ace-like but more likely to last another round than prior might be) but this was my first yahoo draft, and i couldnt find them on the pitchers list, so i just took the best pitcher i found before my 1:30 ran out.

as for my closers...you are 100% right. mantei is iffy, alfonseca is garbage and embree isnt gonna be worth taking even with my last pick. BUT if you look at the draft, EVERY closer, wanna-be-closer, could-be-closer, closer-of-the-future, and setup-man was taken, and taken way too early. having never drafted out of my own private league before, i knew closers would be over-valued...BUT NOT THIS MUCH. since my starting staff is made up off guy who havent previously been great but i think will bust out this year, i just kept taking that type of pitcher to increase my chances of having a good chance. every closer i left for 1 more round, got taken before me. until alfonseca was the only one left. but even still i do have THREE guys who will start the seasons with a job which is more than other can say. so i didnt punt saves, and i shoul still be able to be middle-of-the-pack.

thank you for calling my offense balanced.
the average person ive showed my team too, thinks my offense is under-powered. since i have a lot of five category guys, they somehow gain reputatiions as speed guys more than power

my team isnt perfect. but i like it going into the season.
definitely a lot more than some of those other teams
stevelabny
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team