POLL - Which Show to Watch - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

POLL - Which Show to Watch

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which TV Show Should I Watch Next ?

Homeland
1
6%
The Wire
8
47%
Sons of Anarchy
3
18%
Mad Men
0
No votes
Boardwalk Empire
0
No votes
The Walking Dead
4
24%
Enlightened
0
No votes
Dexter
1
6%
Justified
0
No votes
True Blood
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 17

Re: POLL - Which Show to Watch

Postby Tavish » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:10 pm

The Walking Dead has always been making a living off how good the pilot was. You watch because you hope they can recapture that, but its never going to happen.

Recent dramas I've seen that are worth watching way before The Walking Dead (by tiers!)

The Wire
The Sopranos
Breaking Bad

Game of Thrones
Deadwood
Oz

Battlestar Galactica
Homeland
Firefly
Boardwalk Empire

The Shield
Dexter
House of Cards
Sons of Anarchy
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11068
(Past Year: 26)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: POLL - Which Show to Watch

Postby Skippyoz » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:26 pm

I love it… the Tier approach to which show we should watch.




We actually have chosen… Sons of Anarchy. We start Season 2 tonight, and are loving it so far.
Skippyoz
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 292
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 6 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: POLL - Which Show to Watch

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:35 pm

You should all be watching True Detective.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24816
(Past Year: 357)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: POLL - Which Show to Watch

Postby Tavish » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:00 pm

Skippyoz wrote:I love it… the Tier approach to which show we should watch.




We actually have chosen… Sons of Anarchy. We start Season 2 tonight, and are loving it so far.

Its a good choice. It suffers from the same problem of many shows in that it sort of becomes repetitive after awhile, but has the redeeming factor that the premise is strong enough to keep the repetition interesting. They don't fail on putting at least a couple WOW moments into each season which keeps you intrigued.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11068
(Past Year: 26)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

POLL - Which Show to Watch

Postby lastingsgriller » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:42 pm

bigh0rt wrote:You should all be watching True Detective.


This.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 3875
(Past Year: 166)
Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: ..skipping the light fandango.

Re: POLL - Which Show to Watch

Postby J35J » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:24 pm

Tavish wrote:The Walking Dead has always been making a living off how good the pilot was. You watch because you hope they can recapture that, but its never going to happen.

Recent dramas I've seen that are worth watching way before The Walking Dead (by tiers!)

The Wire
The Sopranos
Breaking Bad

Game of Thrones
Deadwood
Oz

Battlestar Galactica
Homeland
Firefly
Boardwalk Empire

The Shield
Dexter
House of Cards
Sons of Anarchy


The wife and I watched the first episode of season 1 of The Wire and didn't really get into it. I assume since this is on a much grander scale of a CSI type of show that these first couple of episodes kinda lay the groundwork of the show before it really starts to get interesting? Kinda like an epic book, the first 100-200 pages can be slow but are needed to set the foundation for the last 500-800 pages?
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 393)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: POLL - Which Show to Watch

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:31 pm

J35J wrote:The wife and I watched the first episode of season 1 of The Wire and didn't really get into it. I assume since this is on a much grander scale of a CSI type of show that these first couple of episodes kinda lay the groundwork of the show before it really starts to get interesting? Kinda like an epic book, the first 100-200 pages can be slow but are needed to set the foundation for the last 500-800 pages?


Keep watching, I've never talked to someone who has seen it and doesn't rate it one of the best shows they've ever seen.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14137
(Past Year: 427)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: POLL - Which Show to Watch

Postby J35J » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:48 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
J35J wrote:The wife and I watched the first episode of season 1 of The Wire and didn't really get into it. I assume since this is on a much grander scale of a CSI type of show that these first couple of episodes kinda lay the groundwork of the show before it really starts to get interesting? Kinda like an epic book, the first 100-200 pages can be slow but are needed to set the foundation for the last 500-800 pages?


Keep watching, I've never talked to someone who has seen it and doesn't rate it one of the best shows they've ever seen.


Sounds good, I'll buy another episode on Amazon Prime and give it a shot. We were both half a sleep when we started the first episode so I may re-watch that one before the second one just in case.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 393)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: POLL - Which Show to Watch

Postby thedude » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:53 pm

The wire. Easily the Wire.

As an side, the BBC House of Cards isn't bad either.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

POLL - Which Show to Watch

Postby lastingsgriller » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:32 am

thedude wrote:As an side, the BBC House of Cards isn't bad either.


This is true, I'm watching right now. Additionally, if you have netflix, BBC shows Luther (staring indres elba, aka Stringer Bell) and Sherlock are both exceptional.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 3875
(Past Year: 166)
Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: ..skipping the light fandango.

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Cincinnati at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Boston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact