Draft chatter - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to 2014 Cafeholics Noobs

Draft chatter

Moderators: J35J, rotoquest

Re: Draft chatter

Postby rotoquest » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:00 pm

I've really enjoyed the competitiveness of this draft, and most people have done a very fine job of getting their picks posted in a timely manner. We've paved the way by scorching the other two leagues, not that it was a race or anything. ;-7 However, I don't know about you guys, but the closer we get to the end, the more I can't wait to finish this up. One last big push, and maybe we can finish before the weekend. That would be cool. B-)
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 193)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rich101682 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:02 pm

Man, I was hoping we could polish this one off by the end of the day! That might be a little ambitious though.
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Postby rotoquest » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:05 pm

rich101682 wrote:Man, I was hoping we could polish this one off by the end of the day! That might be a little ambitious though.

I'm cool with that too. ;-D
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby J35J » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:34 pm

What this draft has done to me is me reaalllyyyy wanting the season to start now. Can't wait! ;-D
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 393)

Postby Izenhart » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:32 am

J35J wrote:What this draft has done to me is me reaalllyyyy wanting the season to start now. Can't wait! ;-D

I'm gettin that itch now. Can't wait to see the disaster that I drafted unfold. !+)
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 298)

Postby rotoquest » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:44 am

That was a risky pick in Alex Guerrero who might start in triple A, but it seems like the dodgers want him to win the starting 2B job. A gamble worthwhile at this point in the draft I hope. :-?
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:12 pm

rotoquest wrote:That was a risky pick in Alex Guerrero who might start in triple A, but it seems like the dodgers want him to win the starting 2B job. A gamble worthwhile at this point in the draft I hope. :-?

I think there's a possibility of Guerrero being platooned. I suppose it all depends on how well he adjusts to playing at 2B and getting up to speed after missing out just about a full season of baseball. Of course, he's the better bat over the other two he's competing against.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)

Postby BChinly » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:54 pm

rotoquest wrote:That was a risky pick in Alex Guerrero who might start in triple A, but it seems like the dodgers want him to win the starting 2B job. A gamble worthwhile at this point in the draft I hope. :-?

He got taken in the 15th in Scum :-o
BChinly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 116)

Postby rotoquest » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:24 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:

I think there's a possibility of Guerrero being platooned. I suppose it all depends on how well he adjusts to playing at 2B and getting up to speed after missing out just about a full season of baseball. Of course, he's the better bat over the other two he's competing against.

I think that when the dust settles from spring training games that each player will ultimately show what they bring to the table. Gordon is a stolen base threat who is hitting .176, but he is a very good athlete that they can stick in several positions including CF. A guy who can pinch run and score at the end of games, but he can't pinch run if he is starting at 2B. Sounds like a super utility player. Guerrero is a career .300 power hitter that is hitting .294 even after taking a year off which bodes well because I think the Dodgers would like an offensive 2nd baseman that won't hurt them defensively. I have not seen his defense, but if he grades out average, then I'm guessing he will be the primary 2nd baseman if not by April then not too long after that, and there are 28 million reasons for that statement.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby rich101682 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:42 pm

Here's hoping Bud Norris makes his way into the closer role in BAL.
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

PreviousNext

Return to 2014 Cafeholics Noobs