Draft Chatter - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to 2014 Cafeholics Pond Scum

Draft Chatter

Moderator: ayebatter

Re: Draft Chatter

Postby Y`s Guy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:41 am

jfg wrote:I haven't been using Yoda's drafttracker as a resource to make my picks, but I have been updating our picks in it to see how it stacks up to what it says about my projections since my projections will always put my team on top. Here's what Drafttracker says so far up to the current pick:

1. jfg
2. rvthd
3. bchinly
4. gardner
5. tie: Rance/cubsfan
7. Havok
8. lane
9. cyboninja
10. izenhart
11. dannahan
12. tie: Fenris/Ys Guy
14. tie: dashiz/ayebatter

Lots of draft to go though, these rankings will change a lot especially when teams start picking their personal sleepers/prospects and category killers.

I am NOT(!) going to nOObs!!
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby GardnerRunsRampant » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:30 pm

Waiting this long on pitching, I'm very pleased with Lee/Corbin/Lynn/Dickey/Cishek/Rodney. Personally expect Dickey to have a good year with his back issues behind him and his velocity coming back.
GardnerRunsRampant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 55)

Postby Y`s Guy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:39 pm

For me it was either Dickey or Wheeler and I saw that A was like 39. :-o Still, lots of Ks there.

EDIT: #*@&$, I was hoping Pierzinski fell to me.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:46 pm

jfg wrote:Injuries kill you in this league, people who've played in this league know that thus the Headley and Cueto slips.

I know how it is with injuries as last year Tulo killed me in this league I believe. With that said I think with taking Headley at pick 210 is really no risk at all. Those who have taken players like Tulo are at more risk because of where they were drafted. Headley is in a contract year, and even though he has a calf issue, I think he is a sure bet to be well worth 210 overall pick.

I know much has happened since I first posted on best value, but wanted to chime in.

I am glad some of you liked the shark pick. I was shocked he fell that far. Same goes for Price and Miller who I felt I picked up later than I would have expected.
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)

Postby dannahann » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:26 pm

I should know better than to take any injury risks after last year. It wasn't just that I had guys hurt, it was horrible luck with timing. Seemed like every time a guy went down it was just prior to the first day of the weekly scoring period when they couldn't be replaced due to yahoos next day rule. I got zero from guys like Kemp as all his stats would accrue when he was activated from DL on a Weds through Sun (on my DL of course) then I get him in the next week and he'd get hurt again before I got anything at all :~(
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Postby Izenhart » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:15 pm

question for the commish: when can we start making add/drops?
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 294)

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:56 pm

BChinly wrote:
Izenhart wrote:Harper (7) / Puig (14) / Myers (28) I have ranked miles ahead of most projections systems. Same goes for Cingrani (66) Abreu (69) and strangely Napoli (105). I'm fine with that though, otherwise I would have never been able to get them all. OFC my projections show me near the top even lacking steals (scours at BChinly). Whats the fun of drafting a team based on someone elses opinion anyway :-)

Also, Asdrubal is 28 and coming off a year he battled nagging injuries. I'm on his bounceback bandwagon.

I love the combo of Carpenter and Hamilton too much :D. Hopefully it'll bring me to the top in steals and runs

You will have to get passed me to be at the top in steals and runs. Of course only my opinion, but I feel I own both those categories. Hamilton isn't going to single handily win you steals. :-D
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)

Postby rjforlife » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:40 pm

CubsFan4Life23 wrote:
jfg wrote:With that said I think with taking Headley at pick 210 is really no risk at all. Those who have taken players like Tulo are at more risk because of where they were drafted. Headley is in a contract year, and even though he has a calf issue, I think he is a sure bet to be well worth 210 overall pick.

I took Headley at 190 in Masters and I feel like he fell there. I don't expect 2013 or 2012, but something in between those two could make him a very profitable player. And if he sucks, he droppable.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

Postby Izenhart » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:56 pm

I thought about Headley but didn't need an extra lottery ticket, and after taking Hart on a few teams last year I'm hesitant to draft someone I know is hurt.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 294)

Postby ayebatter » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:58 pm

Izenhart wrote:question for the commish: when can we start making add/drops?

Hold your horses there pardner. :*)
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1299)

PreviousNext

Return to 2014 Cafeholics Pond Scum