Winter Olympics - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Winter Olympics

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Winter Olympics

Postby jfg » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:42 am

I love watching Olympic hockey but I can't stand the NHL. I'm an Minnesota guy so I've given the NHL multiple tries because all my friends love it, but I can't get into it. I really hate the fighting they allow in the game, it makes no sense to me why it's a part of the game. Way too many penalties are called as well, it slows the game down a ton, you don't see that in the Olympics. It's been a couple years since I've watched an NHL game but I always felt the league was watered down as well, too many teams not enough talent.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DbacksRback » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:57 pm

Netherlands leads the medal count with 20 medals...19 of them are from speed skating.

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:15 pm

Canada vs US tomorrow for olympic gold in women's hockey. Canada defending champions and put the boots to the Americans in the round robin.

Friday Canada vs US in men's hockey semi finals. Canada defending champions here as well and clearly the superior team. Going to be interesting.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:16 pm

We got gold in 2 of the big 4 today. Ladies curling and ladies hockey gold for canada. The hockey game was exciting but never really in doubt. Now the men have to come through in curling and hockey and Canada will win yet another Winter Olympics.

Go Canada Go
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:33 pm

Never really in doubt? I'd say being down 2-0 with less than 4 minutes left is in doubt.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:09 pm

Never. In. Doubt.

4 time defending gold medalists. Haven't lost a game at the Olympics in over 16 years. The Americans are close because they have Canadians playing for them. I could go on but you get the message. The Americans kept their thuggery to a minimum and played a good game but there was never any doubt.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:38 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Never. In. Doubt.

4 time defending gold medalists. Haven't lost a game at the Olympics in over 16 years. The Americans are close because they have Canadians playing for them. I could go on but you get the message. The Americans kept their thuggery to a minimum and played a good game but there was never any doubt.

You are too much. I'm not saying that you felt they could lose before the puck dropped but you're in denial if you weren't worried down 2-0 with less than 4 minutes in the 3rd. 4 time Gold winner doesn't mean a thing there.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:48 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Never. In. Doubt.

You are too much. I'm not saying that you felt they could lose before the puck dropped but you're in denial if you weren't worried down 2-0 with less than 4 minutes in the 3rd. 4 time Gold winner doesn't mean a thing there.

Now you are just provoking. ;-)

Let me say that I was a little less positive. There still wasn't any doubt but the certainty went from 100% down to 99.9%. When the Americans still couldn't score on an empty net with the linesman running interference for them it went back up to 100%.

One Kessel down, one more to go!
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:02 pm

I'm not provoking at all. I don't care if I was rooting for the dynasty Canadiens vs the current Sabres, if the Sabres were up 2-0 with less than 4 minutes in the 3rd, I'd need to change my drawers. Obviously not insurmountable but not never.in.doubt to me.

On another note, any idea when someone will be around to fix the hockey side?
Lofunzo

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Gold in 3of the big 4 and men's hockey looks pretty good. Flawless game today against the US.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk