A Couple Of Draft Settings Questions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

A Couple Of Draft Settings Questions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A Couple Of Draft Settings Questions

Postby lambo1203 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:16 pm

As our league prepares for it's draft in a few weeks, I have a few logistical questions that I wanted some input on. Any help/suggestions are much appreciated! All of these questions pertain to a 14-team league with 17 starters overall and 6 bench spots, with each team keeping three players starting after this coming season.

1. We're doing an online draft and have never had more than 10 teams, so we're used to drafts flying, even with a 90-second time limit per pick. In your experience, is a minute enough time, especially in a deeper league, to make a pick? Or should it be 90 seconds, running the risk of an insanely long draft and owners losing interest come round 16 or so?

2. Are there any certain draft "limits" you have in your leagues? Like you can't make trades during the draft or you have to take a certain position in x round? If so, do they work?

3. This is kind of a bonus non-commissioner specific question, but in a H2H points league, do you tend to draft based (loosely) on ESPN's/Yahoo's rankings, or do you go by projections of what a player would score with your league's settings if you're faced with a tough decision?
Image Thanks to GiantsFan14 for the sig
lambo1203
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: A Couple Of Draft Settings Questions

Postby fast dogs » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:28 am

a 14 teamer with 3 keepers out of the way already isn't going to take that long. you could start with 75 seconds for the first half of the draft then go to 60.with more teams you also have longer to think between picks, so to me if you are accustomed to 60 seconds it shouldn't be that big of a deal.
I'd forgo trading during a fast draft; not sure why you'd want to have to take certain positions in special rounds.
Always draft according to your leagues settings. The site can put out a general draft order but you need to know what your specific leagues uses and factor that in
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 303)

Re: A Couple Of Draft Settings Questions

Postby bigmck » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:53 pm

60 seconds is fine and no draft pick trading during the draft.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Return to Commissioner's Corner