Vote ASAP - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Field of Dreams

Vote ASAP

Moderators: sportsguy138, rvthd, Baseball Moderators

Re: Vote ASAP

Postby rvthd » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:43 pm

I think keepong things simple is the best option. If we decide to use the waiver wire to supplement the 10 bench spots we are missing In yahoo it will cause problems.

As we have seen during the draft even with a spreadsheet tracking rosters, it is possible to lose track of owned vs unowned players. With all the player movement on waivers that will occur in managing daily lineups an owned player will get picked up by someone who doesnt own that player and it could cause an issue during a weekly matchup. We cannot expect the commish to constantly monitor all moves and make adjustments in case of an incorrect player pickup.

The other issue is in permanently dropping players. These will now have to be announced as opposed to simply dropping a player. In my opinion it adds another area for complications to occur. Ie. an owner forgets to make the announcement.

I am with the majority in saying we move to a site such as espn which will limit any extra overhead above what we already have with maintaining the minor rosters.
rvthd
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 151)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sportsguy138 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:01 am

rvthd wrote:I think keepong things simple is the best option. If we decide to use the waiver wire to supplement the 10 bench spots we are missing In yahoo it will cause problems.

As we have seen during the draft even with a spreadsheet tracking rosters, it is possible to lose track of owned vs unowned players. With all the player movement on waivers that will occur in managing daily lineups an owned player will get picked up by someone who doesnt own that player and it could cause an issue during a weekly matchup. We cannot expect the commish to constantly monitor all moves and make adjustments in case of an incorrect player pickup.

The other issue is in permanently dropping players. These will now have to be announced as opposed to simply dropping a player. In my opinion it adds another area for complications to occur. Ie. an owner forgets to make the announcement.

I am with the majority in saying we move to a site such as espn which will limit any extra overhead above what we already have with maintaining the minor rosters.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 405)

Postby aardvarks » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:55 am

chipperjones wrote:can anyone explain just exactly why is yahoo so much better than espn. i've had no bad experiences with espn, but if you yahoo guys could point out the advantages to yahoo, then i'd be willing to think about changing my vote (which btw still currently stands on moving to espn).

I'm beating a dead horse with this because we're clearly going to ESPN and I'm ok with it but

here are some of the advantages to going with yahoo

5 games at a position instead of 10 to gain eligibility

and its formatted better
clicking on a player doesn't just tell you hits stats for the last 7 days 15 days or year but also history against current opponent, games played by pos, and splits
searching the waiver wire is much much easier with Yahoo getting espn to run a search is a pain the A##
researching trade possibilities is easier, with just a couple of clicks I can research trades by team or by position
I can include my team when searching the waiver wire, so as I scroll through the available players my players are there too for instant comparison.

the last few times i played ESPN I would copy and paste my players at Yahoo so I could get a more detailed look at how there doing, who they're going against etc...
aardvarks
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 87)

Postby William Shea » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:27 am

Has a final decision been made?
-Patrick-
playing Fantasy Baseball more or less successfull since '05
William Shea
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 67)

Postby sportsguy138 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:55 pm

William Shea wrote:Has a final decision been made?

We need ESPN to open up before we make a decision
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 405)

Postby rvthd » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:13 am

Confirmed we are going with ESPN as this was the majority vote and they are able to handle 40 man rosters. Hopefully everyone received their ESPN invite from sportsguy, if not let him know.
rvthd
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 151)

Previous

Return to Field of Dreams