Vote ASAP - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Field of Dreams

Vote ASAP

Moderators: sportsguy138, rvthd, Baseball Moderators

Re: Vote ASAP

Postby Burt The Butcher » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:13 am

I say stick with drafting 40 players. I would prefer the 40 man roster, and if that means going to ESPN or another free site, then so be it. IF majority vote to stay with Yahoo, and we have to cut back to 30 man roster, I am fine with that, as long as we also adjust the daily starting lineups.

EPSN is a good free site that I have used past couple years in another league I was in with Matt and Dale. I would be ok moving there.
I lost my boots in transit babe
A pile of smoking leather
Nailed a retread to my feet
and prayed for better weathe
r
Burt The Butcher
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 158)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MPhilly03 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:59 am

Would prefer to stick with 40 man and use ESPN or other free site. My draft strategy was heavy on the future so having to cut 10 guys kind of defeats how I have approached this entire process.
MPhilly03
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 106)

Postby wallace33 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:03 pm

I vote to stay with yahoo, its the best site. We should come up with a 10 man taxi squad or expand the minors to 20
wallace33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby sportsguy138 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:22 pm

wallace33 wrote:I vote to stay with yahoo, its the best site. We should come up with a 10 man taxi squad or expand the minors to 20

I like this idea but we need everyone to help out a bit monitoring players adds and drops.

That way were on the same site everything is the same and we can keep drafting as before but we have 10 less bench but we can pick players up from our taxi squad. if you want to drop a player permanently you have to announce it in that case.

Well have to adjust waiver rules and have no weekly limits for adds and drops.

Thoughts?
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 364)

Postby MPhilly03 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:25 pm

Not at all sure what this means or how it would work. Please explain. Thanks!
MPhilly03
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Burt The Butcher » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:31 pm

What do people have against ESPN site? I have not been on Yahoo in several years - but if ESPN can do everything we need without jerry rigging, why not use that?
I lost my boots in transit babe
A pile of smoking leather
Nailed a retread to my feet
and prayed for better weathe
r
Burt The Butcher
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 158)

Postby sportsguy138 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:35 pm

MPhilly03 wrote:Not at all sure what this means or how it would work. Please explain. Thanks!

We all have rosters of 30 on yahoo + 10 taxi squad that you can call on players.

We cant have a weekly limit because youre picking up players from your taxi squad since you only have 3 bench at this point. (14 hitters, 13 pitchers, 3 BN, 10 taxi squad)

well maintain a spreadsheet of the 10 taxi squad players, i guess for all teams.

but everyone pretty much needs to monitor this and communicate.

something like that. what does everyone think
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 364)

Postby MPhilly03 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:39 pm

Much prefer ESPN to this solution. Seems to be very complicated since MiLB will already need to be kept track of via spreadsheet. It seems like all we need is a site that will allow 40 man rosters. Looks like ESPN is down right now as the gear up for 2014 but this seems like the easiest solution. Not quite sure what folks don't like about ESPN as opposed to Yahoo but it seems like a lot of hoops to jump through just to stay with Yahoo.
MPhilly03
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Laubster » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:13 pm

So the Yahoo site gives 30 Active Positions and the Commish can add up to 5 NA slots to put Minors or Susp players . Why don't we just go that way and cut it to 35 from 40 . ESPN is and will always be an inferior site , so I really don't see moving to that site as an option
Laubster
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 76)

Postby MPhilly03 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:17 pm

I am not sure that is fair since some of us (okay maybe only me) have bunch of picks after round 35. Also, I think ESPN is far better than Yahoo but maybe I am missing something. What is it that you like better about Yahoo?
MPhilly03
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Field of Dreams