General Chatter - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Fantasy Bandbox League

General Chatter

Moderator: Element

Re: General Chatter

Postby VTChuckwagon » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:11 pm

bravesfan155 wrote:I believe Alex Cobb should be $15 instead of $6. I remember someone picked him up off the WW immediately after the draft last year. That would make RJ's 10 on Hardy ineligible.


I looked at last year's draft results and I also do not see Cobb on anyone's roster, making him a $15 FA keeper from last year.

Question: Do we give RJ the option of keeping him at $15 or throwing him back in the pool?
VTChuckwagon
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 144
(Past Year: 144)
Joined: 26 Jan 2014
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: General Chatter

Postby rjforlife » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:19 pm

I'll do whatever you guys want, id rather keep Cobb for 15 and take back the hardy bid.


I wish I woulda caught that, it would definitely have affected my bidding on bourn/crisp/carter.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7509
(Past Year: 738)
Joined: 25 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vegas Baby

Re: General Chatter

Postby ayebatter » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:54 pm

VTChuckwagon wrote:
bravesfan155 wrote:I believe Alex Cobb should be $15 instead of $6. I remember someone picked him up off the WW immediately after the draft last year. That would make RJ's 10 on Hardy ineligible.


I looked at last year's draft results and I also do not see Cobb on anyone's roster, making him a $15 FA keeper from last year.

Question: Do we give RJ the option of keeping him at $15 or throwing him back in the pool?


I looked at the end of season rosters on Yahoo, Cobb was on The Rocks final roster.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 12220
(Past Year: 1280)
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I CAN SEE FOR MILES

Re: General Chatter

Postby ayebatter » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:01 pm

ayebatter wrote:
VTChuckwagon wrote:
bravesfan155 wrote:I believe Alex Cobb should be $15 instead of $6. I remember someone picked him up off the WW immediately after the draft last year. That would make RJ's 10 on Hardy ineligible.


I looked at last year's draft results and I also do not see Cobb on anyone's roster, making him a $15 FA keeper from last year.

Question: Do we give RJ the option of keeping him at $15 or throwing him back in the pool?


I looked at the end of season rosters on Yahoo, Cobb was on The Rocks final roster.


Cobb hit the Rocks roster on March 12 as a FA, if I had to bet I'd say he was drafted by Rock, I'll see if I can dig a bit more.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 12220
(Past Year: 1280)
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I CAN SEE FOR MILES

Re: General Chatter

Postby ayebatter » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:04 pm

ayebatter wrote:
ayebatter wrote:
VTChuckwagon wrote:
I looked at last year's draft results and I also do not see Cobb on anyone's roster, making him a $15 FA keeper from last year.

Question: Do we give RJ the option of keeping him at $15 or throwing him back in the pool?


I looked at the end of season rosters on Yahoo, Cobb was on The Rocks final roster.


Cobb hit the Rocks roster on March 12 as a FA, if I had to bet I'd say he was drafted by Rock, I'll see if I can dig a bit more.


Nope not drafted he was a FA pick up.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 12220
(Past Year: 1280)
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I CAN SEE FOR MILES

Re: General Chatter

Postby bravesfan155 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:08 pm

I think just taking away the Hardy bid would be fair enough.
bravesfan155
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 74
(Past Year: 74)
Joined: 27 Sep 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: General Chatter

Postby mmclean » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:27 pm

I think thats what he (or someone) did. Hardy is back to 8 bucks to brandon.
mmclean
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 133
(Past Year: 133)
Joined: 27 Jan 2014
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: General Chatter

Postby rjforlife » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:19 am

Wouldn't a FA pickup cost $10, not $15? I'll keep him either way, but the rules say a FA pickup should cost $10.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7509
(Past Year: 738)
Joined: 25 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vegas Baby

Re: General Chatter

Postby ayebatter » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:39 am

rjforlife wrote:Wouldn't a FA pickup cost $10, not $15? I'll keep him either way, but the rules say a FA pickup should cost $10.


$10 would have been his salary last year plus $5 to keep him this year. :-/
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 12220
(Past Year: 1280)
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I CAN SEE FOR MILES

Re: General Chatter

Postby rjforlife » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:46 am

No sweat, can the spreadsheet be updated to reflect his $15 tag?
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7509
(Past Year: 738)
Joined: 25 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vegas Baby

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Bandbox League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact