Leftovers League 2014 - Check In - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Leftovers League

Leftovers League 2014 - Check In

Moderator: rotoquest

Re: Leftovers League 2014 - Check In

Postby cordscords » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:29 am

I would prefer 12 teams, though I'm not opposed to 14 either. I would love for the league to adapt a FAAB system, and I would love it even more if we held an auction draft.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedBullVodka » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:55 am

I'm happy you're all gunning for me! And, yes, Oop, I remember how you stole a win from me three years ago - still can't quite believe how. That was one strange last day of baseball both in fantasy and on the field.

Number of players: 12-14 doesn't matter to me.
Rock pm'd me about Old_Style saying he was interested, but maybe he has changed his mind, now Rock isn't in.

FAAB: again, no firm opinions. I'm with Stoggie in that I don't really see how it changes things if it is not all players - most players you pick up in-season tend to be free agents. And I don't see how having all players on permanent waivers is practical or useful?

Couchmanagers: Think it is blocked at work, as is Yahoo!, but can use mobile, so isn't too much of a problem, hopefully.

Auction: I'd still be interested in doing an auction league, but Roto is not (and maybe others), and since Roto has stepped up to the plate in rock's absence, I think this is his call.
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 45)

Postby RedBullVodka » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:58 am

Missed Round 0 comment - I like Round 0! Makes this league different!

I also like knowing what slot I'm going to get in advance to help with early round draft strategy.
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rotoquest » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:18 pm

Thanks for those comments so far everyone. Its seems pretty smooth for most of the topics so far. Now, about the auction thing.

I think that there are those in the league that have a fair amount of experience in auction drafts and probably have developed a certain amount of auction savvy. However, in the same realm of owners, you have those that have little to zero auction experience…hence little or no auction savvy. This creates an unleveled playing field for a draft. It’s tough 10 days before a draft to declare it to be an auction format under these conditions. If we, at the end of last season, said something like, “remember to practice auction drafting during the offseason because we may want to switch to it next year,” then I can see having this conversation. There would have been ample opportunity for practice. Since everyone has snake draft experience, it seems only logical to proceed that way this season, and then at the end of this season we can open up talks for auction next year. When Oscar wins the league this year, we want to say it was on a fair and level playing field. I hope this sounds copasetic to everyone.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 193)

Postby Third Day » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:48 pm

rotoquest wrote:Thanks for those comments so far everyone. Its seems pretty smooth for most of the topics so far. Now, about the auction thing.

I think that there are those in the league that have a fair amount of experience in auction drafts and probably have developed a certain amount of auction savvy. However, in the same realm of owners, you have those that have little to zero auction experience…hence little or no auction savvy. This creates an unleveled playing field for a draft. It’s tough 10 days before a draft to declare it to be an auction format under these conditions. If we, at the end of last season, said something like, “remember to practice auction drafting during the offseason because we may want to switch to it next year,” then I can see having this conversation. There would have been ample opportunity for practice. Since everyone has snake draft experience, it seems only logical to proceed that way this season, and then at the end of this season we can open up talks for auction next year. When Oscar wins the league this year, we want to say it was on a fair and level playing field. I hope this sounds copasetic to everyone.

Maybe we could do a second league for those interested in doing or learning how to auction draft. Next year I mean.
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 273)

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:07 pm

I'm ok with FAAB. I'm also ok with an auction or a snake, whatever the majority wants.

When are we looking to get this draft started?
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Postby rotoquest » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:06 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:I'm ok with FAAB. I'm also ok with an auction or a snake, whatever the majority wants.

When are we looking to get this draft started?

Round Zero will probably start a week from Monday, and then we'll start drafting when everyone has declared their draft position choice.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 193)

Postby oscar15 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:54 pm

rotoquest wrote:Thanks for those comments so far everyone. Its seems pretty smooth for most of the topics so far. Now, about the auction thing.

Looks like I will be getting no slack from the new commish.
Speaking of which, may I suggest a change of avatar for Rotoquest? We went from Greg Maddux to one of the Mario Brothers as our commish.

Roto makes a good point about changing to an Auction Draft this late. I say we drop it until the end of the year. I'm pretty sure we ran a practice auction last year and nobody really pushed for it.

At this point, whatever Roto wants to do is fine with me.
If God does not like the way I'm living my life, he can tell me himself.
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 21)

Postby RedBullVodka » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:13 pm

Re: draft date. Typically it only takes us 14 days to complete the draft, so we usually start second week of March? First week perhaps?
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Third Day » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:27 pm

Maybe Saturday March 1st? All it takes is one glitch to throw everything off.
Last edited by Third Day on Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 273)

PreviousNext

Return to Leftovers League