Leftovers League 2014 - Check In - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Leftovers League

Leftovers League 2014 - Check In

Moderator: rotoquest

Re: Leftovers League 2014

Postby Amazing Oopah » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:14 pm

sad to hear about Rock dropping out... hope everything is ok on his end and he'll rejoin us next season... If oscar manages to win the title the year he sat it out, he'll be kicking himself for that!

anyways, long story short I'll be back this season.
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rotoquest » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:49 am

Amazing Oopah wrote:sad to hear about Rock dropping out... hope everything is ok on his end and he'll rejoin us next season... If oscar manages to win the title the year he sat it out, he'll be kicking himself for that!

anyways, long story short I'll be back this season.

Nice to hear from you Oopah, and even nicer that your back in. :-)

Ok everyone, hopefully we will hear from thomasps3 and Masterx1918 within the next week. Here's to more hoping that thomasps3 remembers his login this year. I'm guessing our league scenario is going to play out to be a 12 team league this year. Right now there are too many loose variables to make an accurate call. We'll know more in about another week to start making some fine tuning decisions. Stay tuned as things keep shaping up.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 193)

Postby oscar15 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:27 pm

"Hopefully most people who are blocked at work can use a smart phone to get to the site for updates. If not, we'll make do." - Rotoquest

couchmanagers is not blocked at my school...yet.
If God does not like the way I'm living my life, he can tell me himself.
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 21)

Postby TheRock » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:36 pm

Yo 'sup guys! Glad to see you guys carrying on the tradition.

I have activated the Yahoo! league. As soon as Rotoquest joins I will pass the commish torch. Good luck to everyone. Even you oscar. :-D
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 8)

Postby rotoquest » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:11 am

TheRock wrote:Yo 'sup guys! Glad to see you guys carrying on the tradition.

I have activated the Yahoo! league. As soon as Rotoquest joins I will pass the commish torch. Good luck to everyone. Even you oscar. :-D

Thanks Rock, I was contemplating how the league could make a smooth transition on Yahoo, and bam you made it easy. I really appreciate it and I still wish you would reconsider, but if you need a year, we will respect it and hopefully I can turn the reigns back over to you next year.

In other league news, it looks like masterx1918 has joined the Leftovers League on Yahoo, so that puts us at 11 total for the league, and that means we just need to hear from thomasps3. Hopefully he responds soon and is in. I sent a message to Old_Style just over a week ago to verify that he wants to come back, but I have not heard back from him yet. According to past practice, I'm figuring we should start Round Zero on Monday Feb 17, so that gives us some time left to hear from our remaining league member. Start doing your homework, and we'll see how things pan out in another week, and then we'll start making some league decisions.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby rotoquest » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:42 am

These are the people who have replied to Rock's invite and checked in at Yahoo. If you have not checked in, then please try to get it done in a timely fashion this week. Thank you.

1 Amazing_Oopah :-)
2 cordscords :-)
3 MasterX1918 :-)
4 NikkiSixx :-)
5 redbullvodka :-)
6 Rotoquest :-)
7 thomasps3 :-)
8 stoogie10 :-)
9 Saltydog :-)
10 GIANTbeerdog :-)
11 Third Day :-)
12 oscar15 :-)
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Re: Leftovers League 2014 - Check In

Postby rotoquest » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:58 pm

Hello Everyone,
Another fantasy baseball season approaches and we have another fun & competitive group of owners lined up. You guys are sure making it easy to commish this league because everyone has checked in and signed in at Yahoo. I appreciate the timely matter that you fellas executed these matters. Now on to league matters.

OWNERS: It seems like the league is going to be back to 12 teams this year. I sent a pm to Old_Style about 2 weeks ago to confirm his interest in rejoining the league. I'm not sure if it was just a rumor, but I have not heard back from him yet. So I think we are going to be at 12 unless their are enough owners with enough conviction that want to shoot for 14.

ROUND ZERO: Next week I am going to ask an impartial cafe member to randomize our names, and I will make a post on this thread so that owners can start thinking about their draft positions. Monday 2/17 I will post a Round Zero thread with our randomized names so that owners can input their desired draft slot.

DRAFT: As stated earlier, I have a subscription over at CouchManagers with extra free drafts so everyone in the league can participate in a private draft without a subscription. I will create that draft as soon as Round Zero is over, and provide everyone a link.

FAAB: Some owners have stated an interest in free agent acquisition budget. Now remember, this only works for players on waivers. I'm ok with this if the majority of the league wants to do this. We can set the budget at $100. Or if people think this is one more headache then we can just scrap it and go about it like in the past.

I need feedback on all this stuff, so please don't hesitate to chime in your 2 cents.

Otherwise, good luck gentlemen, and get going on your fantasy homework, except you RBV, I think you should take a 10 day vacation, and accept a teacher's homework pass. ;-)
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Amazing Oopah » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:16 pm

In the first page you said that besides Old Style (who has gone MIA again apparently) another manager, El Burro, was interested in joining? Is he no longer interested either? I don't think having 13 teams would be such a big deal if he still wants in.

I would support some sort of waiver or FAAB waiver system for this season. I know the league has been going strong for many years now, but the current system rewards whoever happens to be browsing through the FA list first. I think we can handle a bit more a challenge if we want a player.

Also, on RBV... you guys realize I was the only thing standing between him and 3 straight titles? :-) We need to do something to cut him down to size this season!
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby rotoquest » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:23 pm

Amazing Oopah wrote:In the first page you said that besides Old Style (who has gone MIA again apparently) another manager, El Burro, was interested in joining? Is he no longer interested either? I don't think having 13 teams would be such a big deal if he still wants in.

I would support some sort of waiver or FAAB waiver system for this season. I know the league has been going strong for many years now, but the current system rewards whoever happens to be browsing through the FA list first. I think we can handle a bit more a challenge if we want a player.

Also, on RBV... you guys realize I was the only thing standing between him and 3 straight titles? :-) We need to do something to cut him down to size this season!

Burro was just going to help us out if we were short a guy, and he was mot expecting a guaranteed spot. I have been informed by pm that some people in the league are skittish about going over 12 owners. 12, 13 or 14 does not matter to me.

FAAB: +1

Bounty on RBV: +2

so far so good.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby stoggie10 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:04 pm

Owners - I have no preference. I was in a 20 team league last year that drafted 460 players.

Round Zero - It doesn't really matter to me but, I would suggest having a website randomly generate the order. Not sure why Rock never used one. Fantasy toolbox has a very convenient tool for generating Fantasy Draft Orders. You put the team names and email addresses in and a draft order is created and emailed to every team. http://www.fftoolbox.com/draft_order_generator.cfm

Draft: Love drafting on Couch Managers

FAAB - I thought this could be used for all free agents. Making it so that the only way you could pick up a free agent is by placing a bid. If this is incorrect, then I do not see what the big deal is. The only reason I was for it was because I am blocked at work and would not be able to pick up the latest closer on the market.
stoggie10
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to Leftovers League