New Dynasty H2H $150/Team League Looking for Owners - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

New Dynasty H2H $150/Team League Looking for Owners

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New Dynasty H2H $150/Team League Looking for Owners

Postby nskrbec » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:39 pm

Longtime fantasy Commish here, looking at starting up a competitive dynasty keeper league that I have been thinking about for some time, and NOW is the time to do so. The league will be a 10-16 team Head-to-Head Dynasty Keeper league with daily lineup changes (you can set them ahead for a week/month etc). Looking at a 6x6 stat categories of:
Battng: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Run Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (Avg) and On-Base +Slugging Percentage (OPS)
Pitching: Wins (W), Quality Starts (QS), Saves + Holds (S/H), Innings Pitched (IP) Earned Run Average (ERA) and Walks+Hits per Inning Pitched (WHIP)
This will be the first year of the league obviously, at $150 per team, with a $25 mandatory reserve for the following year (to try to eliminate turnover). Looking at using league safe as I think this will make owners the most comfortable. 100% of monies paid will be disbursed (unless league safe has a fee). I am an ESPN fantasy guy, but am looking at using CBS as it appears they support dynasty leagues better.
Auction will be a $350 budget drafting a 25 man roster of the following positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B. (Utility is any batter) (B/Bench is any player, pitcher or batter). Players will be both major and minor league players that are available in the CBS player data base.
Keeper/Salaries: After the auction, you will be given a timeframe (probably 2-3 days) to determine the length of the contract you wish to sign the players you drafted. After the draft, you will be allowed to sign players for up to 5 years at an increase of $4 per year. So for example, you draft player A for $10. You can sign him for just that initial year at $10 or you can sign him to a two year contract for $10 for the first year and $14 for the second year ($10/$14), a three year contract at $10/$14/$18, a four year contract at $10/$14/$18/$22 or a five year contract at $10/$14/$18/$22/$26. You are required to submit a contract for each player and once they are submitted, the are final. Now after the players first contract has expired you can still resign them to a contract extension or "2nd contract" for up to another five years. The contract extension will be at a rate of $8 increase per year. So say you signed above player A to an initial 5 year contract that ended at $26, you can sign player A to a contract extension of 1 year at $34, two years at $34/$42, three years at $34/$42/$50, four years at $34/$42/$50/$58, five years at $34/$42/$50/$58/$66 or you can let him go back to the auction draft. So, in the end you can own a player for a period of 1-10 years total. There will also be a Dynasty Player that each team will be required to have at least one of (no more than 2). Dynasty players will be players with No Major League experience when they were drafted and can be kept for 1-5 years at the salary they were drafted. (you can have as many players with no major league experience as you want, however only 2 of them can be "dynastied"). So, example, say you drafted Player B, who has 0 major league experience for $2, you can dynast them for one year at $2, two years at $2/$2, three years at $2/$2/$2, four years at $2/$2/$2/$2 or five years at $2/$2/$2/$2/$2.
Penalties: Most teams will have players that they wish to drop throughout the season. Penalties will be as follows. If you have signed player A to his initial contract of $10/$14/$18/$22/$26 and for some reason you end up deciding that dropping/cutting him is the best decision for your team, you will be assessed a penalty for the years remaining on his contract. Since you have already "paid" his contract for the initial season at that years draft, you will be assessed a 0% penalty for the current year.The next year you will be responsible for 50% of his salary as a cap penalty for the following year so for player A's initial contract that would be $7 (50% of $14). The third year will be a 25% penalty which in this example would be $5 (25% of $18), The fourth year would be a 10% penalty which in this example would be $2 (10% of $22) and the fifth year would be a 5% penalty which in this example would be $1 (5% of $26). For penalties, you will see the formula 0/50/25/10/5.
Trades/Free Agents accusations Trades will be unlimited, however will be up to commish review. (In comish trades, we will have two active league members that are designated as co-commish's to evaluate). If one of the other owners feels a trade is sketchy, hey can bring it to the attention of the Commish who will review it. I will encourage trading and an active league, but moves must benefit your current or future team. If a trade is brought in question, the Commish will require the owner in question to articulate why the trade in question affects their roster positively this year or future years. You are also able to trade away/obtain salary from future years in trades as well.
Free Agents must be signed the same way as players are drafted. If you sign a player who was a free agent, you can sign him for 1-5 years at the initial contract rate of + $4 per season. You will have 48 hours to post what length contract you are signing free agent to. If you do not post, it is assumed you are signing them to a one year contract.
If you pick up a player off a waiver claim, you will be responsible for the portion of the waiver players salary the dropping team does not pay. So, in example of dropping player A in his first year of a 5 year contract of $10/$14/$18/$22/$26 in the first year you get the player for 100% of salary or $10 (which doesn't matter as the draft is over, and there is no cap as to what you're salary is as long as you are in compliance at he beginning of each year), 50% of his salary in year 2 or $7, 75% of his salary in year 3 or $14, 90% of his salary in year 4 or $20 and 95% of his salary in year 5 or $25. This of course only for the length of players contract.
If you are interested, please get ahold of me at NSkrbec at Hotmail (for some reason they say my post looks "too spamy for a new user)... so that is why I set my email as above... ???) please put "Fantasy Baseball" in the title in case it goes into my junk mail. I am open to suggestions/questions/concerns. Thanks for the read/time
nskrbec
T-Ball Trainer

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds