100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to 2014 First Cafe Mock

League chat

Moderators: EL BURRO, Salty Dog

Re: League chat

Postby EL BURRO » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:26 pm

J35J wrote:
EL BURRO wrote:
J35J wrote:Meh, I think Castro will be doing good to hit .260 and I'm not sure the power is legit. And then there is the whole thing of playing on that crappy team. But there is no risk and only upside when you take him this late in the draft after all the others are gone ahead of him.

Hitting in middle of lineup, 28 years old... I tend to disagree. Granted its the Astros, so counting stats should be tempered...

2014 Steamer Projections: 68/17/69/3 .250

That's very serviceable this late...

I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with...my projections

490AB
0.251avg
17HR
65RBI
60R
1SB

...that looks pretty close to Steamers projections and it's everything I said....250-.260 average... power output less than he did last year...and counting stats that are sub par. So yeah, meh, seems like a good word to use. And at the same time my last sentence above said it was still a fine pick this late...little risk this late and some upside...so yeah, it's a fine pick.

AGREE TO AGREE! 18-20 home runs from the C slot in the mid 200's slot is good value. Even if it comes with a .250-.260 average. I'm of the opinion there is never really a reason to draft a C high in a single C redraft league. That's kinda why I like the pick. Essentially, I think we are saying the same thing like a synonym. Was that a rap lyric once? Happy Friday, boys. Here's to getting another 2 rounds in today. Heyoooo!
- EL BURRO...
EL BURRO
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 110)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Element » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:19 am

I could see Miguel Montero returning some pretty good value this year. He's someone to keep on eye on this spring. He had some back issue last season. If they are a thing of the past I could easily see him returning to form.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 610)

Postby Halo Homers » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:59 pm

J35J wrote:I think I really like my team...everyone else still feeling good about theirs? Anyone just really not care for their team at all?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

During the last round of the draft, I think it would be great to setup a "Draft Analysis" topic and let each owner post what they liked/ did not like about their team and let other café members post, and vote for the favorite team. B-)
Halo Homers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 48)

Postby EL BURRO » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:45 pm

Halo Homers wrote:
J35J wrote:I think I really like my team...everyone else still feeling good about theirs? Anyone just really not care for their team at all?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

During the last round of the draft, I think it would be great to setup a "Draft Analysis" topic and let each owner post what they liked/ did not like about their team and let other café members post, and vote for the favorite team. B-)

Solid idea. I think it's good to be critical of your own draft work, despite it being January. Given that we are not playing this out and the mock's intent is to be "educational", we should make this as interactive and as helpful as possible.
- EL BURRO...
EL BURRO
College Coach
College Coach

League chat

Postby Saltydog » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:16 pm

Pitching is still deep. Once you get past the top 50-60 there are still some solid possibilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saltydog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 143)

Postby rotoquest » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:32 pm

Saltydog wrote:Pitching is still deep. Once you get past the top 50-60 there are still some solid possibilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree Saltydog. Even near the end here we are still seeing reliable pitchers getting drafted. (by the way saltydog, pm me about the Leftovers League)
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Iggy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:34 pm

It looks like people have lost interest in this mock ... it is moving at a crawl

It would be nice to finish off this round (round 22) and the last round (round 23)
Iggy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 63)

Postby Ray Zorback » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:48 pm

Agree. The 12 hour limit is almost up, hopefully we can get moving then.
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 234)

Postby EL BURRO » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:37 pm

almost there, fellas. couple more picks and then we're finished... please try and finish this labor of love...
- EL BURRO...
EL BURRO
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigken117 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:48 pm

nobody is as excited for their 21st and 22nd picks as they are their 1st and 2nd picks :-b

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

PreviousNext

Return to 2014 First Cafe Mock