2014 Check-In - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Roto Auction League

2014 Check-In

Moderators: Bwanna, OneLoveBoomer

Re: 2014 Check-In

Postby BigLebowski » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:48 am

We are good then...What say we start nominations at 12PM Noon PST...Saturday/Tomorrow with 2 nominations each. Then if things get slow we jump to 3??????
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 473)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigLebowski » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:01 am

PM's sent to all owners. I may be jumping the gun, but we need to get started. Anyone want to take over as a MOD for Boomer? I nominate wrveres. I can help out, but I don't know if I can run the whole thing here. I'll try if nobody steps up, but for my own selfish reasons I'd defer to someone else.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Third Day » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:55 am

BigLebowski wrote:PM's sent to all owners. I may be jumping the gun, but we need to get started. Anyone want to take over as a MOD for Boomer? I nominate wrveres. I can help out, but I don't know if I can run the whole thing here. I'll try if nobody steps up, but for my own selfish reasons I'd defer to someone else.

I second the wrveres nom. If he MODs half as good as he talks........ :-b
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Third Day » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:57 am

What days will be nomination days?
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Y`s Guy » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:21 am

So Lebo...you're thinking on Day 1 there will be 24 player auctions going?

I also didn't get a PM...not that the indicator grabs my attention.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Third Day » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:36 am

For the new guys, last years draft spreadsheet. Might give you a feel for the other owners.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... l=en#gid=9
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BigLebowski » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:12 pm

Yeah with our late start I think it would be wise to start with 24 players nominated for auction the first few times. If we see we are getting done quickly then we can scale back.

I also think it would go faster if we ran this like a draft room style. When one or the guys you nominate comes off the board you nominate another one, that way we don't have to wait until the next nomination day, we will always have 24 players up for bid. Does that sound like something everyone would be cool with, or should we stay with our standard nomination process?

I've kinda taken over this thing so far be default, but I'm not really dying to run this thing. If you all want to stay as we've done it in the past, that's fine as well.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby sportsguy138 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:19 pm

Im fine with helping with the mod situation if you want.. possibly a spreadsheet as well if bwanna gave me a little background on it.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 405)

Postby Third Day » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:21 pm

BigLebowski wrote:Yeah with our late start I think it would be wise to start with 24 players nominated for auction the first few times. If we see we are getting done quickly then we can scale back.

I also think it would go faster if we ran this like a draft room style. When one or the guys you nominate comes off the board you nominate another one, that way we don't have to wait until the next nomination day, we will always have 24 players up for bid. Does that sound like something everyone would be cool with, or should we stay with our standard nomination process?

I've kinda taken over this thing so far be default, but I'm not really dying to run this thing. If you all want to stay as we've done it in the past, that's fine as well.

I would like to stay the way it was. That way you can skip a day or two if you're not interested in any of the noms
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Element » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:39 pm

Suggestion....I run a slow auction also. Every owner nominates a player. After 24 hours of inactivity that player is awarded to the highest bidder. The nominating owner automatically nominates a new player. There is always twelve players available for bid. With keepers last season we were done in five weeks.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Roto Auction League