My Oscar Taveras for Yeonis Cespedes in Auction Keeper? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

My Oscar Taveras for Yeonis Cespedes in Auction Keeper? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Oscar Taveras for Yeonis Cespedes in Auction Keeper? WHIR

Postby jonance » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:08 pm

6x6 all normal categories but also OPS and Holds (and Quality Starts instead of Wins)
HEAD 2 HEAD. Keeper. $300 cap. Minors system
Players whose contracts are expiring can be resigned up to 5 years at 1.5x their salary

I have an owner who will trade me Yeonis Cespedes at $12 (signed through 2016 then resignable at $18) for Oscar Taveras at $2 (4 year deal then resignable at $3)
Last year really freaks me out about Yeonis....and I wonder if I shouldn't just hang onto such a great prospect instead and just try to get a power bat in the auction. I'm trying to get him to throw in an arm, but not sure he will. Would you do the trade straight up? If he throws in a decent arm? Or hold Taveras? :-?

MY ROSTER
C,Jonathan LuCroy $3 (contract length TBD)
1B,Joey Votto. $29 (contract length TBD)
2B,Robinson Cano. $ 23 (4 year contract)
3B,Pablo Sandoval. $27 (2 year contract)
SS,Troy Tulowitski. $21 (3 year contract)
OF,Desmond Jennings. $2 (1 year contract)
OF,Alex Gordon. $2 (2 year contract)
OF,Carlos Gomez. $12 (4 year contract)
UTIL,Prince Fielder. $41 (contract length TBD)
UTIL,Adam Jones. $5 (1 year contract)

SP,Adam Wainwright. $12 (2 year contract)
SP,James Shields. $21 (contract length TBD)
SP, Gio Gonzalez $2 (3 year contract)
SP,CJ Wilson. $2 (2 year contract)
SP,Brandon Beachy. $3 (contract length TBD)
SP,Kyle Lohse. $2 (contract length TBD)
SP,Hiroki Kuroda. $3 (contract length TBD)
SP,Francisco Liriano. $12 (contract length TBD)

RP,Sergio Romo $3 (1 year deal)
RP,Koji Uehara $9 (contract length TBD)

Minors
Oscar Taveras $2 (4 year deal)
Khris Davis $5 (contract length TBD)
Rafael Montero $3 (contract length TBD)
jonance
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: 34)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My Oscar Taveras for Yeonis Cespedes in Auction Keeper?

Postby MaudDib » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:57 pm

I would probably trade for Cespedes especially if I felt I was going for a championship in the next 1-2 years.

I am a big fan of Taveras but he is far from a sure thing. Prospects will break your heart. They can just go so many ways and most of them take time to get to be as good as we think they will be. Usually by that time, you are sick of him. So while Taveras looks like the next big thing, he could easily turn into an Alex Gordon or Matt Wieters. Both are solid MLB players and have pretty decent fantasy value but they are far from the players that people were expecting them to be.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 369)

Re: My Oscar Taveras for Yeonis Cespedes in Auction Keeper?

Postby converge241 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:02 pm

As the above poster mentioned, it depends on where you think you are heading for this year.

If I knew I wasnt in it for the upcoming year or it looked iffy, I would stay with tavares.

If I thought I was in the mix, id take Cespedes.

I think Oscar has enough upside you cna squeeze some interesting kicker into the deal to move it along and sway you though.

Big fan personally

I blew up a dynsasty team after winning or in money for a three year block due to the cycle of the league and assembled through draft or trade the past 1.5 years; Tavares, Myers, Puig, BHamilton, Profar, Starling Marte, D'arnaurd, Moore, Cobb, Mark Appel to go along with some veterans to rebuild - Im not sure if I am exactly there yet (had a surprising 5/12 finish this past year) so folks asking for Tavares or the like would have to blow me over right now since I cant tell if a Future vs Now move is right..If I was on the cusp at trade deadline that could sway it as well.

Anyway without seeing everyone else's teams, yours looks like it could hang so can see doing this deal more but hold out for a sweetener.
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions