ROTO early keeper thoughts - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

ROTO early keeper thoughts

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ROTO early keeper thoughts

Postby prguy1979 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:19 pm

In an 11 team AL keeper league we get to keep 5 players, 5x5 scoring, here are the keeper possibilities for me:

Salvador Perez- 12
Jason Kipnes- 21
Manny Machado- 6
Jarickson Profar- 6
Nick Castellanos- 7
Yoenis Cespedes- 21
Alex Rios- 23
George Springer- 6
Jon Singleton- 1

I have an offer for Will Myers who will be 6. He wants Salvador Perez and 1 more player out of Springer or Profar.

My question is should try to get Myers and whom are my keepers from above. Thanks all, leave link and ill help in return.
16 team mix BA R RBI BB SB SLG ERA W K HD S Whip
C /Castro
1/3/CI Donaldson/Wright/Votto
2/SS/MI
OF Jones/Brantly/Trout
DH
P Sale/Wanwrigth/Wheeler
prguy1979
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ROTO early keeper thoughts

Postby fast dogs » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:59 am

you could go several ways: Compete now and only keep 1 of your rookies; keep most of your youth at discount prices and be really good in the near future. I like getting Myers, you've got the numbers to give him 2 of those players and still have 5 very good keepers
I'd keep Cesp Kip & Machado, trade for Myers and have a tough time choosing your final player
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 261)

Postby kidsilk » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:11 pm

I'd trade Springer and Perez for Myers and Keep Myers, Profar, Machado,Cespedes and Kipnis.

please help

viewtopic.php?t=464671
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1212)

Postby MaudDib » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:42 pm

Salvador Perez- 12
Jason Kipnes- 21 ;-D
Manny Machado- 6 ;-D
Jarickson Profar- 6
Nick Castellanos- 7
Yoenis Cespedes- 21 ;-D
Alex Rios- 23
George Springer- 6
Jon Singleton- 1

Do the deal with Springer and keep those three. Last spot is between Castellanos and Profar. I think Castellanos will have more fantasy value but Profar plays a premium position, in a great ballpark, in a great lineup and is slightly cheaper. I could go either way here.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 301)

Postby toledomudhens » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:20 am

prguy1979 wrote:In an 11 team AL keeper league we get to keep 5 players, 5x5 scoring, here are the keeper possibilities for me:

Salvador Perez- 12
Jason Kipnes- 21
Manny Machado- 6
Jarickson Profar- 6
Nick Castellanos- 7
Yoenis Cespedes- 21
Alex Rios- 23
George Springer- 6
Jon Singleton- 1

I have an offer for Will Myers who will be 6. He wants Salvador Perez and 1 more player out of Springer or Profar.

My question is should try to get Myers and whom are my keepers from above. Thanks all, leave link and ill help in return.

How many catchers does a team have too play? If you guys play 2 then I say keep perez. he holds great value especially in a AL only league...Even still Perez holds value don't let him tell you he doesn't or he wouldn't want him. Try a straight up 1 for 1...I play in a 10 team AL only and I am all over springer this season....Even though you might not keep him you can still have a chance to redraft him....keep what u have....so for me it is....Rios, cespedes, perez, the kip, profar, and probably machado. But if you don't have a DL spot for machado(out for 2-4 months?), I would really take a look to see if springer wins the outfield job out of spring training, if so I wouldn't hesitate to keep him as your last keeper....goodluck
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 200)

Postby converge241 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:55 pm

I would take that Myers trade - Perez and Springer. Like both players but a little pricey in comparison.

Then the other 4 after Myers
Profar
Cespedes
Rios (This may not be a popular pick but hes just too cheap, has had 2 good years and all. though note if you really dont think you are in it for this year could see Machado over him)
Kipnis
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby toledomudhens » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:42 am

prguy1979 wrote:In an 11 team AL keeper league we get to keep 5 players, 5x5 scoring, here are the keeper possibilities for me:

Salvador Perez- 12
Jason Kipnes- 21
Manny Machado- 6
Jarickson Profar- 6
Nick Castellanos- 7
Yoenis Cespedes- 21
Alex Rios- 23
George Springer- 6
Jon Singleton- 1

"The 23-year-old was the lone bright spot of the RedHawks' offense Wednesday, as the team recorded a mere five hits in the loss. While Springer did not reach the 40-40 milestone during the minor-league regular season, he did give Astros fans hope for the future by hitting a combined .303 with 37 home runs, 108 RBI and 45 steals over 135 games between Double-A Corpus Christi and Triple-A Oklahoma City. Fantasy owners have been eagerly anticipating his arrival in the big leagues, but that may or may not happen this season as Springer earns valuable playoff experience with Oklahoma City. Regardless, Springer will be patrolling center field for the Astros soon enough"....Don't trade this kid...especially in a package with perez for myers. You loose to much in AL play with that deal....Keep what you have. ;-D ;-D
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 200)

Postby Element » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:01 pm

It looks like I am in the minority here, but I would much rather deal Profar than Springer. I am not much of a believer in Profar in terms of statistical output. Springer is basically the opposite for me. I think that he will collect a ton of numbers and has an insanely high roto ceiling.

I'd trade Profar & Perez for Myers. Keepers would look like:

Jason Kipnes- 21
Manny Machado- 6
Yoenis Cespedes- 21
George Springer- 6
Wil Myers - 6
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 632)