trade help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

trade help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

trade help

Postby GiantsSwag2542 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:24 pm

10 team keeper league 7x7 h2h each category

I want to trade Adrian Gonzalez for a solid outfielder. We can keep a minimum of 10 max of 12. My keepers so far
A.Gonzalez (wanting to trade for solid OF)
Freeman
Longoria
A.Hill
Pence (I get pence for Alverez pending trade)
J.Upton
Marte
Wainwright
Salazar
Positions are C, 1B, 2B, 3B, 2b/ss, 1b/3b, 5OF and a Utility.

Looking for ideas of a solid OF I could get as a keeper for Gonzalez not sure who to target so that is my question. (new to this)
GiantsSwag2542
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: trade help

Postby MaudDib » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:29 pm

In keeper leagues it is hard to trade for certain players. Instead looking at what teams have excess at positions you want and needs where you have excess. A guy that already owns a top 1B isn't likely to trade much to get another 1B. But a team with too many OF and an avg 1B is going to be better to deal with.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 369)

Postby Philly_05 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:30 pm

Well you can start by seeing who might be on the block for other teams. Or if you don't like the stealthy approach you can just send out a email to the league saying you have Gonzalez on the block. I really don't value him that much so I probably wouldn't be the best gauge of what you can get in return.
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 632)

Postby GiantsSwag2542 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:32 pm

MaudDib wrote:In keeper leagues it is hard to trade for certain players. Instead looking at what teams have excess at positions you want and needs where you have excess. A guy that already owns a top 1B isn't likely to trade much to get another 1B. But a team with too many OF and an avg 1B is going to be better to deal with.

Yes, thanks. I have been going over who to get for him and looking at teams but get rejected cause they don't wanna budge on losing 1 of their 20 OF lol. Basically just curious what Agon's value is so I know better off what to get for him. He should be around a 6 round player top 60 overall.
GiantsSwag2542
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby GiantsSwag2542 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:33 pm

Philly_05 wrote:Well you can start by seeing who might be on the block for other teams. Or if you don't like the stealthy approach you can just send out a email to the league saying you have Gonzalez on the block. I really don't value him that much so I probably wouldn't be the best gauge of what you can get in return.

Thanks for your input, I did this like 6 years ago and now doing it again, this league is pretty competitive so im trying lol
GiantsSwag2542
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:38 am

1b Freeman
2b Hill
3b Longoria
OF Pence. J.Upton. Marte
Wainwright, Salazar

If you move Gonzalez I'd rather you pick up a solid SS like Segura or Andrus for him (which is fair value IMO). You have good OF in Pence 25/100 guy JUp 30/90 guy and 20/40 candidate Marte. I'd be happy with that OF. All you need is a good SS for a nice balanced set of keepers...or maybe go for a better 2nd stud starter.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1928)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions