Adrian Gonzalez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Adrian Gonzalez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Adrian Gonzalez

Postby GiantsSwag2542 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:11 pm

10 team h2h each category keeper league 7x7 keep min 10 max 12

I have Adrian and need and want to get rid of him but being new I am not really sure what to offer for him I am pretty solid at the corners with longoria, Alverez and freeman. Not sure what else I should include in this any help would be nice or need me to explain more just ask
GiantsSwag2542
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Adrian Gonzalez

Postby Element » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:22 pm

Step one would be to let your league mates know that he, or one of your other IB/CI guys, are available for trade. Then sit back and let the offers come in. Most owners aren't very active until after the holiday's at the earliest, but IMO, it's never too early to start haggling.

Negotiation 101: Let the other party make the initial offer.

You never know. They could decide to overpay right from the start. If a few weeks go by and you hear crickets I would probably send out some high ball offers of your own. Maybe look to package AGon with someone else for an upgrade to a team looking for more keepers. Or start with something like Agon for Felix or Stras to get the ball rolling. Your best off not making the first offer though.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Postby GiantsSwag2542 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:29 pm

Element wrote:Step one would be to let your league mates know that he, or one of your other IB/CI guys, are available for trade. Then sit back and let the offers come in. Most owners aren't very active until after the holiday's at the earliest, but IMO, it's never too early to start haggling.

Negotiation 101: Let the other party make the initial offer.

You never know. They could decide to overpay right from the start. If a few weeks go by and you hear crickets I would probably send out some high ball offers of your own. Maybe look to package AGon with someone else for an upgrade to a team looking for more keepers. Or start with something like Agon for Felix or Stras to get the ball rolling. Your best off not making the first offer though.

Thanks a lot for the advice. So in theory I have him but don't need him but I do however need a 2b and OF players. My main thing is understanding values and trading cause I am not getting it I mean I know you can't offer Trout for a SP lol...Mainly learning how to analyze a trade. We also have draft picks we can trade and starts in round 13 but I don't know the value of those either. Would I be slapped if I asked for a top 20 player for like a 15 and 16 round player? Sorry if I seem stupid lol.
GiantsSwag2542
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 16)

Postby MaudDib » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:06 pm

As Element said, it is usually a good thing to let the other side make the first offer.

Also a good starting point, is to look at the other teams in your league and see what their needs are and what they have excess of. Is there a team that could use a solid 1B who also has too many OF? Then I usually shoot them an email and say you are looking to trade AGone and wanted to know if he was interested. I have had a lot of success emailing owners rather than just shooting out trade offers. It allows both owners to express what they are looking for and you can get a feeling of how they value certain players.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:43 am

As far as 2b I would move A-Gone for a 2b like Kipnis. ;-D ;-D
As far as OF go I would look at a solid type like Cespedes, Pence, or J-Up
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1961)

Postby MrT » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:42 pm

Here is my take. A Gon is not someone people will line up yo get. He is dependable but not a difference maker. I think you should offer him and two others you don't want to keep but who may be attractive to others. Then offer all three for a 2nd tier keeper that you would rather have than any of your three. There will be a taker.
MrT
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 39)

Postby fast dogs » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:32 pm

. My main thing is understanding values and trading cause I am not getting it I mean I know you can't offer Trout for a SP lol...Mainly learning how to analyze a trade. We also have draft picks we can trade and starts in round 13 but I don't know the value of those either. Would I be slapped if I asked for a top 20 player for like a 15 and 16 round player? Sorry if I seem stupid lol.[/quote]
It sounds like you should run trade offers by the Cafe before acting; I don't really understand the 2nd to last sentence but with 100 or 110 players kept you can't trade a pick for a player in the top 60 or 70 most likely. 1 thing to consider when making offseason trades is the teams #'s of keepers and strengths of keepers when making offseason trades. The best rosters may have a player to trade you for a draft pick upgrade, where the weaker teams may be more interested in Gonzales and you'd have more room to work. Find a team in need of a keeper 1st basemen and maybe you can work out something fair. 1 thing pretty much is universal in fantasy baseball, the seasoned players take advantage of the newer 1's in trades, the Cafe can be your equalizer and help you from being ripped off
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 299)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions