10 team keeper league. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

10 team keeper league.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

10 team keeper league.

Postby GiantsSwag2542 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:48 pm

Thanks for any help or advice. I have been wanting to post on here but seems to be hit and miss for people responding or maybe it is awhile before baseball lol. This is technically my first year playing fantasy baseball so I was looking for some help and friendly advice. I have a ton of questions so if anyone is willing to share some of their wisdom that would be great. I have found some information on the web about playing some helpful and some not but I am looking for someone that has been playing that would not mind helping me out. If so just respond or send me a message on here. Too much to ask so that is why I am just giving a short bio on it. Thanks.
GiantsSwag2542
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 10 team keeper league.

Postby Element » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Welcome aboard! You can ask your questions here. This time of year may be a little spotty with responses, but there have been same active vets poking their heads in here.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)

Postby GiantsSwag2542 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Element wrote:Welcome aboard! You can ask your questions here. This time of year may be a little spotty with responses, but there have been same active vets poking their heads in here.

Ok how do you go about a keeper draft. I know that keepers are locked at a certain point then all the rest of the players are dropped to go to the draft. Is there any method or strategy before this happens to kind of tell who is keeping who? I need to keep 10 and have roughly 17 players but I am stuck on 9 to keep maybe 10 and that would give me two extra picks. Sorry if this is not clear just not sure how to ask really lol.
GiantsSwag2542
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Element » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:27 pm

It would be better to get more information on your keeper rules. Each league has a unique set of rules. In some, you keep 10 players, but lose some kind of draft pick associated with said player. In others you keep any 10 you want. Then it's just a straight draft of the unprotected players. There could also be some kind of terms (dollar value or max years) attached to a player. This all adds into their keeper value.

In terms of know who the other teams are keeping ... the league commissioner should set a deadline for keepers. Usually, this is well before the draft. In both of the leagues that I run, I use 1 week before the draft. This gives the other owners plenty of time to update their lists and formulate a draft plan. All leagues are different though. And until that deadline passes you will not have any idea as to who the other owners are keeping unless they are willing to opening share the information with you; which is not generally a wise decision.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)

Postby GiantsSwag2542 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:35 pm

Element wrote:It would be better to get more information on your keeper rules. Each league has a unique set of rules. In some, you keep 10 players, but lose some kind of draft pick associated with said player. In others you keep any 10 you want. Then it's just a straight draft of the unprotected players. There could also be some kind of terms (dollar value or max years) attached to a player. This all adds into their keeper value.

In terms of know who the other teams are keeping ... the league commissioner should set a deadline for keepers. Usually, this is well before the draft. In both of the leagues that I run, I use 1 week before the draft. This gives the other owners plenty of time to update their lists and formulate a draft plan. All leagues are different though. And until that deadline passes you will not have any idea as to who the other owners are keeping unless they are willing to opening share the information with you; which is not generally a wise decision.

Sent you a message.
GiantsSwag2542
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby MaudDib » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:02 pm

GiantsSwag2542 wrote:
Element wrote:It would be better to get more information on your keeper rules. Each league has a unique set of rules. In some, you keep 10 players, but lose some kind of draft pick associated with said player. In others you keep any 10 you want. Then it's just a straight draft of the unprotected players. There could also be some kind of terms (dollar value or max years) attached to a player. This all adds into their keeper value.

Sent you a message.

Element is a good guy to get advice from but if you want others to help, it you should post all your info here.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions