Trade Goldy for Jones, Heyward and Eaton?(WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade Goldy for Jones, Heyward and Eaton?(WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Goldy for Jones, Heyward and Eaton?(WHIR)

Postby kidsilk » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:04 am

Would you trade Goldschmidt and a 7th round pick for Adam Jones, Jason Heyward, Adam Eaton and a 19th round pick in a keeper league? I have more info I will try to post later including my roster. But, just on value alone what do you think? We keep 5 majors, 5 minors, and 3 players who were rookies last year. So, Jones and Heyward would be two keepers and Eaton would be one of the 3 new major leaguers I would keep. My other major keepers I am thinking about keeping are Fielder, Darvish, Machado, AGon. I guess AGon or Heyward would be my 5th major keeper. Would you rather do the trade and keep Heyward or don't do it and keep Goldy and AGon? I guess I would afford to do this since I have 3 first baseman. Thoughts?

And leave your links and I will help you out.
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1309)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Goldy for Jones, Heyward and Eaton?(WHIR)

Postby Brainstorm » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:53 am

On the surface this is decent value for Goldschmidt, but I think you should be doing the opposite of what this trade is. Instead of you trading a star for a number of pieces, combine 2 pieces you have now into a better keeper. You already have 5 solid keepers, albeit one 1B too many perhaps. In doing this trade, you would be dropping one of Heyward or Gonzo as you stated, which is something I'd try to avoid.

Also, I don't know how high I am on Heyward with the news he's going to lead off. This will definitely hamper his RBI totals and most likely his power, as I imagine he'll be told to try to get on base a bit more than hit it over the fence. I've downgraded him since that report.

I guess knowing who you would keep as those 3 players who were rookies last year to see if Eaton is really that big of an upgrade that it's worth making this deal. But my instinct is to say no here due to the circumstances.
Brainstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 267)

Postby MadDog36 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:49 am

kidsilk wrote:Would you trade Goldschmidt and a 7th round pick for Adam Jones, Jason Heyward, Adam Eaton and a 19th round pick in a keeper league? I have more info I will try to post later including my roster. But, just on value alone what do you think? We keep 5 majors, 5 minors, and 3 players who were rookies last year. So, Jones and Heyward would be two keepers and Eaton would be one of the 3 new major leaguers I would keep. My other major keepers I am thinking about keeping are Fielder, Darvish, Machado, AGon. I guess AGon or Heyward would be my 5th major keeper. Would you rather do the trade and keep Heyward or don't do it and keep Goldy and AGon? I guess I would afford to do this since I have 3 first baseman. Thoughts?

And leave your links and I will help you out.

I'd be happy with keeping
1b-Goldschmidt
CI-Fielder
3b-Machado

See if you can do a deal say Fielder for Jones? That helps you more.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 3601)

Postby MaudDib » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:54 am

Keep the star player. You don't have enough keepers to be trading away the stud for pieces. Those pieces might end up being pretty good but I wouldn't take the risk.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 466)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions