so... we dead here? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

so... we dead here?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

so... we dead here?

Postby lastingsgriller » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:22 pm

I haven't been around for a while, but stopped by to see whats up.. not much, I see. Leftovers posts aren't getting much more that 5 or 6 replies. down here its just a ghost town (and it looks like the spammy tumbleweeds aren't even being cleared out.)

I sure hope this site is able to be revived a bit. This used to be my favorite place on the interwebs.. :-o
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 166)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: so... we dead here?

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:31 pm

Ch-ch-ch-ch-chaaaangessssss. We're in the midst of some transition. Check out the Football side to see what I hope is an interim state of affairs.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby ayebatter » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:46 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:(and it looks like the spammy tumbleweeds aren't even being cleared out.)

As of this morning all was clear you must have left the door open for all of your Russian friends :^
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1374)

Postby ayebatter » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:51 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Ch-ch-ch-ch-chaaaangessssss. We're in the midst of some transition. Check out the Football side to see what I hope is an interim state of affairs.

Got to admit I hate going over there and thinking that is an improvement, and I still can't get back to the Dark Side once you go there.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1374)

Postby cnote23 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:35 pm

this is what I think of the football side :~( :,-( %-6 :-P it's horrible just keep it the old way if your not going to improve it. I do feel the cafe is dying all the sport cafes are not as active all the active guys have gone to other sites and hockey gets about one post a month.
cnote23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterCafecaster
(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:13 pm

I hope that we're not dead.
Just posted a cute puppy video. :-) But other than puppies not much goin on .
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Skin Blues » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:55 am

cnote23 wrote:this is what I think of the football side :~( :,-( %-6 :-P it's horrible just keep it the old way if your not going to improve it. I do feel the cafe is dying all the sport cafes are not as active all the active guys have gone to other sites and hockey gets about one post a month.

Just checked it out and it's not what I'd call an improvement. Bad use of screen real estate. Is there really no way to optimize the desktop version of the site for anything larger than an 800x600 resolution?? Not really digging the change-for-the-sake-of-change trend with Yahoo and now the Cafe.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 139)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:24 am

Skin Blues wrote:
cnote23 wrote:this is what I think of the football side :~( :,-( %-6 :-P it's horrible just keep it the old way if your not going to improve it. I do feel the cafe is dying all the sport cafes are not as active all the active guys have gone to other sites and hockey gets about one post a month.

Just checked it out and it's not what I'd call an improvement. Bad use of screen real estate. Is there really no way to optimize the desktop version of the site for anything larger than an 800x600 resolution?? Not really digging the change-for-the-sake-of-change trend with Yahoo and now the Cafe.

The Cafe has been in dire need of change for years now; in fact we've been begging for it, and prior to the Cafe's new ownership, it fell on deaf ears. So it's certainly not for-the-sake-of-change here. It's a matter of ensuring that the change is a positive one, which leaves the Cafe a better place than it was prior. This is why I'm hoping (and believe) that what we're seeing at the Football Cafe right now is an in between period, and not where we will ultimately end up.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby cnote23 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:55 am

bigh0rt wrote:
Skin Blues wrote:

The Cafe has been in dire need of change for years now; in fact we've been begging for it, and prior to the Cafe's new ownership, it fell on deaf ears. So it's certainly not for-the-sake-of-change here. It's a matter of ensuring that the change is a positive one, which leaves the Cafe a better place than it was prior. This is why I'm hoping (and believe) that what we're seeing at the Football Cafe right now is an in between period, and not where we will ultimately end up.

I hope your right I really do love the cafe :-o
cnote23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterCafecaster
(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby wrveres » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:15 pm

i don't think the new site design is all that horrible. Theres some things that' need to be fixed yes, and it obviously needs some eye candy, but you can see the direction they are going with it.

i guess i just dont understand why football got its fix in the middle of the season. wouldn't the massive off-season they have be the better time? Why alienate people more. Some of those guys couldn't access the football side for a month at the beginning of the 2013 season.

and does that mean that, we'll be seeing our fix during the middle of our season? That would suck.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 757)

Next

Return to General Talk