Deep Realistic League Needs 1 Great Owner - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Deep Realistic League Needs 1 Great Owner

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Deep Realistic League Needs 1 Great Owner

Postby hillchief » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:04 pm

Hello,

I am the Commish of a long-standing (eight years) deep league with an open team. I would call this a "dynasty league" but it is unlike any dynasty league we have experienced... it has a unique set of rules based on major league baseball. Here are some of the features:

- free league. optional $$ contribution gives you voting rights and puts you in the running for prize pool.

- 28 teams

- 40-man rosters + 270 max minor leaguers per system

- salary caps, realistic salaries, Luxury Tax, Revenue Sharing system

- Amateur Draft each July where we draft HS and college players

- International draft each January where we draft the undrafted Free Agents

- Rule 5 Draft each December

- Full-on MLB Free Agent bidding wars in January, Februrary, March, and throughout the season

This league is a true opportunity to experience fantasy baseball at its highest level, mirror the experience of being a MLB GM as much as possible. But in order to do that we need the most dedicated and active owners. For a league this deep we need owners whose scope goes well past the Top 100 prospects, and who are willing to play fantasy baseball 365 days a year and scour the waiver wire for the Brent Lillibridges and Bobby LaFromboises as well as trying to draft the next Mike Trout.

E-mail hillchief@hotmail.com immediately if interested. Explain why you are interested in this league and how you would be the ideal fit.
hillchief
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Deep Realistic League Needs 1 Great Owner

Postby hillchief » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:34 pm

Possibly have an opening in this league again, for the right owner.

Probably needs a rebuild-oriented owner.

I am looking for a (how can I say this) crazed fantasy baseball addict type owner. That is what I am, that is what a few (too few if you ask me) of our owners are, but that is what our league lends itself to. We have full 40-man rosters, 270-player minor league systems, a June/July Amateur Draft, a Jan/Feb Int'l FA Draft, and a Dec Rule 5 Draft. It can get as nuts as you want it.

I really need an owner who is going to check in at least every day when it's slow, and ideally you'll want to be checking in 20+ times when there is a draft or Free Agency going on. Someone who is going to be Johnny-on-the-spot in terms of replying to trade offers, making draft picks on time, etc.

Knowledge of prospects and the rules and stuff can be picked up along the way. What I really need is someone who wants to be part of a deep league on a daily basis, not afraid to make claims of mediocre players on the waiver wire, interested in trading for players outside of the BA Top 100, etc.

E-mail me: hillchief@hotmail.com
hillchief
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds