2014 Managers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Field of Dreams

2014 Managers

Moderators: sportsguy138, rvthd, Baseball Moderators

Re: 2014 Managers

Postby BigLebowski » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:11 pm

MPhilly03 wrote:I thought the MiLB draft was 5 rounds each year. I did not realize/see where you could only have 5 MiLB players per team. Maybe the commish can clarify.

I'm pretty sure it's 5 rounds per year. With unlimited numbers on your roster. You only get 5 new picks per year. I would in fact be in favor of 10 the first year, but its no big deal to me.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 474)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chipperjones » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:36 am

BigLebowski wrote:
MPhilly03 wrote:I thought the MiLB draft was 5 rounds each year. I did not realize/see where you could only have 5 MiLB players per team. Maybe the commish can clarify.

I'm pretty sure it's 5 rounds per year. With unlimited numbers on your roster. You only get 5 new picks per year. I would in fact be in favor of 10 the first year, but its no big deal to me.

sorry for the confusion. i never meant that we can only have 5 prospects on our team, rather that we could only originally draft 5 prospects. that still doesn't strike me as enough.
i'd be okay with 10 to start with. what i would propose would be to have a 10 round milb draft after the main draft (or to just add on 10 rounds onto the inaugural draft so that teams could draft prospects before filling out their main rosters), then have a limit of 5 more prospects teams can add on before the season (like this it's optional and whoever doesn't want to doesn't have to), and then once the season starts there are the 5 in-season pickups and next offseason we have another 5 round draft.
it's just that with such large rosters, it only makes sense to me to have fairly deep prospect teams.
what does everyone think about this idea?
chipperjones
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 118)

Postby sportsguy138 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:40 am

Once we get things sorted out we can start drafting.

It's 5 picks for the initial milb draft. and then 5 in season pick ups that really ends up being 10 on your roster depending on trades and stuff. The farm actually grows pretty fast. You'll have a lot in a few years.

5 rounds every year, thats correct
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 404)

Postby chipperjones » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:27 pm

could we add least have the original prospect draft to be 10 rounds? next year can be 5 rounds, but i there are so many good prospects out there and we have such deep rosters that 5 prospects (and 14 teams) doesn't cover that much at all. i know we have our 5 in-season pickups, but we might want to save those for the middle of the season.
or could we just be allowed to have prospects on our big club, and instead of having a separate milb draft, just add on 5 rounds at the end that must be prospects, but we could also draft prospects beforehand as well.
also, what is the status of players who haven't passed the threshhold for rookies (the amount of ABs or IP) but will definitely be major leaguers at the beginning of the season? and the international signees (abreu and co.) who will also be on the big clubs from day one? can we draft them to our main team, or will they also have to count as prospects?
chipperjones
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sportsguy138 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:57 pm

I see your point. If you want make a new topic and make a poll for everyone to vote on. ;-D

I'll clarify a couple more things soon in regards to the minors and what you mentioned. We're going to start the draft on the 21st hopefully so we have some time.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chipperjones » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:02 pm

thanks. i'll do that.
would you be able to post the draft order soon-ish. i'm going to be traveling starting the 16th and if i'm going to want to start playing around with trading picks, i'll have to take care of that before.
btw will i be able to send you my list of picks in a pm if i think i'll be away from the computer for a while, so you could make my picks. i don't want to hold up the draft. i'm going to be moving around a lot for the first week of the draft, so i don't know how often i'll have internet access (should be every day, but i don't think i need to make everyone wait 12 hours each time my pick comes up).
chipperjones
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sportsguy138 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:05 pm

chipperjones wrote:thanks. i'll do that.
would you be able to post the draft order soon-ish. i'm going to be traveling starting the 16th and if i'm going to want to start playing around with trading picks, i'll have to take care of that before.
btw will i be able to send you my list of picks in a pm if i think i'll be away from the computer for a while, so you could make my picks. i don't want to hold up the draft. i'm going to be moving around a lot for the first week of the draft, so i don't know how often i'll have internet access (should be every day, but i don't think i need to make everyone wait 12 hours each time my pick comes up).

Great. That way hopefully the draft will get moving quicker.

I'll pm ayebatter, forum mod, and ask him if he can help us out with the draft order. Will be posted soon.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ayebatter » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:13 pm

http://www.draftpicklottery.com/lineup.php

Pick 1: pounder3
Pick 2: chipperjones
Pick 3: William Shea
Pick 4: CKaster2000
Pick 5: jaguar2490
Pick 6: BigLebowski
Pick 7: Burt The Butcher
Pick 8: rvthd
Pick 9: aardvarks
Pick 10: punishers44
Pick 11: TimTheCubsFan
Pick 12: Mphilly03
Pick 13: sportsguy138
Pick 14: Scorpion

Good Luck all ;-D except you Lebo
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1363)

Postby sportsguy138 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:19 pm

ayebatter wrote:http://www.draftpicklottery.com/lineup.php

Pick 1: pounder3
Pick 2: chipperjones
Pick 3: William Shea
Pick 4: CKaster2000
Pick 5: jaguar2490
Pick 6: BigLebowski
Pick 7: Burt The Butcher
Pick 8: rvthd
Pick 9: aardvarks
Pick 10: punishers44
Pick 11: TimTheCubsFan
Pick 12: Mphilly03
Pick 13: sportsguy138
Pick 14: Scorpion

Good Luck all ;-D except you Lebo

Thanks!
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby chipperjones » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:25 pm

woohoo! 2nd overall pick.
just putting it out there right now, i'm putting that 2nd overall pick (and the rights to bryce harper or whoever you guys want) on the block. in order to move down, it'll take your first round pick, and most probably a couple of other early draft picks (and i'll give you my last picks so that the rosters are even), and provided there's a minor league draft afterwards, probably an early (think 1st or 2nd, depending on the rest of the offer) round picks there as well. i'm willing to move down pretty far, depending on the offer.
send me a pm or an email if you are interested.
chipperjones
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Field of Dreams