League Chat - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Field of Dreams

League Chat

Moderators: sportsguy138, rvthd, Baseball Moderators

Re: League Chat

Postby Scorpion » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:40 pm

rd two thread according to my list, every thing looks good except there's a 3 instead of a 2, and 2.7 should be burts pick not ckaster
Scorpion
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 96)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rvthd » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:06 am

Scorpion wrote:rd two thread according to my list, every thing looks good except there's a 3 instead of a 2, and 2.7 should be burts pick not ckaster

Sorry, posted in a rush..should be okay now.
rvthd
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 152)

Postby Scorpion » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:10 pm

no worries, things have gone pretty smooth overall.
Scorpion
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby aardvarks » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:15 pm

I was hoping for Glasnow there
aardvarks
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 87)

Postby chipperjones » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:37 pm

does anyone think that those of us who had early picks made a mistake passing on springer? where should he really have gone?
i had a tough time choosing between him and maikel franco. i figured the power is about even, and it's just average vs speed, and i'd rather take the safe side on average and not get a guy who could go 30/30 but also hit 240. i'd prefer 30 homers with a 290 average.
i also figured that if machado ever moves over to shortstop, that i just slot sano at third and franco at CI. and i think springer will take a lot longer to figure out his game in the big leagues than most people think. while franco i think will not take that long. something about a guy that people are already saying he'll have a terrible average before he makes the big leagues just rubs me the wrong way.
whaddya guys think?
chipperjones
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 118)

Postby Ckaster2000 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:44 pm

Personally, we were thrilled to get Springer. I thought he would have been a late 1st rounder. We think that outfield is fairly easy to find talent or replace, but having polanco and Springer is unbelievable insurance to us. We don't like his strike out rate, but in a roto league, it's not wise to pass up on the potential for 30/20 every year. I think his floor in the big leagues is .240/22 homers/16 steals with the ceiling being .285/31/22. He's further along in his career, so the questions about him are almost nonexistent. You know he'll be a big leaguer and a top 40 outfielder for his entire career with the chance of being a top 15 for a good 5+ years. We just think there is very little risk and pretty considerable reward.
Ckaster2000
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 113)

Postby aardvarks » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:05 pm

I really like Franco but i thought he was taken, otherwise he would have been my 2nd pick instead of Russell. Just not sure about Springer's K rate.
aardvarks
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 87)

Postby Ckaster2000 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:11 pm

I smell a trade. I'd rather have russell. Franco has good numbers and a pretty good makeup. We would rather have Springer, but we really like Franco too. We just thought that Franco and Springer are safer and more relevant than all these pitchers and hitters that don't even have a full season in the minors. Minor league players can fizzle out. It's not as prevalent in top prospects but I've notice that pitchers especially can come up to the bigs and if they have control issues, they can really struggle. Obviously, Franco and Springer could be complete busts as well, but we just think that Springer, specifically, could be the safest 2nd rounder taken to stay in the bigs from the get go
Ckaster2000
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ckaster2000 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:14 pm

Wait. Sorry. I just checked, and even though we like Springer and took Springer over the guy, Lindor is the safest to stay in the bigs because he can hit and play great defense at SS. That guy is a lock to stay just because of that. I told my partner, "if Brendon Ryan can have a full time job, Lindor will never lose his job"
Ckaster2000
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Scorpion » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:11 pm

not sure why, but all my attempts to ping aardvarks that he is now up in milb rnd to are stuck in my outbox.
no idea what Is happening, I have sent hundreds of these pms in this board, and no other ones are stuck.
can anyone else try and pm him let him know he is up.
Scorpion
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Field of Dreams