100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Field of Dreams

League Chat

Moderators: sportsguy138, rvthd, Baseball Moderators

Re: League Chat

Postby rvthd » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:07 pm

MPhilly03 wrote:
rvthd wrote:
2. For waiver claims for MLB players I would think the players will be in the Yahoo database and requests will be posted to the website. However, for MiLB player that are not in the website what is the process?

2. Please see "In-Season Farm Pickups" under League Constitution posted by sportsguy.

Okay, so here is what is posted for the In-Season Farm Pickups:

In-Season Farm Pickups
Each owner has 5 MiLB 'pickups' that they may use during the current season. Pickups may be traded.
Players must be added via the regular Yahoo add/drop procedures, i.e., they must be in the Yahoo database before they can be picked up (the Yahoo league setting for 'New Players Become Available' is 'Wait until called up to Majors').
Players must be rookie-eligible when they are picked up (< or = 150 AB; < or = 50 IP).
Pick ups must be announced after they are dropped (demoted), and before they clear waivers.
Example announcement: "Using my #2 pick, sending Strasburg to the farm"

So this is really just a chance to add players that have been added the MLB teams to the major league rosters since players must be called up to the Majors before they can be added? Will these players then be tagged in Yahoo as part of the team that picks them up? Also, not totally clear on the last couple of lines about pick-up announcements. Sorry for all the questions but this feature is new to me and I want to make sure I understand it clearly. Thanks!

No worries, good to ask these questions prior to the start and others may have the same questions. My understanding is if a player is in yahoo's database and is rookie-eligible, they can be added by using an "in season pickup". It is simply a way to keep track of who is picking up a prospect. This addition will be to the MLB roster.

If a prospect is being demoted to an owner's farm team, an announcement must be made in Yahoo.
Each managers farm team will be be tracked in a spreadsheet posted in an area for all to access.
rvthd
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 151)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MPhilly03 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:51 pm

aardvarks wrote:
Burt The Butcher wrote:And is only limit our daily starting lineup? So we could run 10 starting Pitchers a day for the whole week, or 70 starts if possible?

streaming pitchers on a league this deep can do more harm than good.

It'll help you wins and k's but at the expense of your era and whip

When we say weekly head to head and 5 by 5 is each weekly match-up worth one win or is it 10 wins per match-up?
MPhilly03
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 120)

Postby Burt The Butcher » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:02 pm

MPhilly03 wrote:
aardvarks wrote:
Burt The Butcher wrote:And is only limit our daily starting lineup? So we could run 10 starting Pitchers a day for the whole week, or 70 starts if possible?

When we say weekly head to head and 5 by 5 is each weekly match-up worth one win or is it 10 wins per match-up?

Matt, it is 5x5 Rotiserie type scoring....you count the numbers of Wins, number of Saves, number of Stikeouts, etc. And the most wins. ERA and WHIP would be whoever has lowest. Same with hitting, most HR's, RBI, RUns, stolen bases, best average and slugging percentage.

So 10 categories. I assume winner each week will be whoever has the tops in more categories, wins that matchup.

Not sure how tiebreakers will be resolved, if 5-5?
I lost my boots in transit babe
A pile of smoking leather
Nailed a retread to my feet
and prayed for better weathe
r
Burt The Butcher
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 185)

Postby aardvarks » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:26 pm

Burt The Butcher wrote:
MPhilly03 wrote:
aardvarks wrote:

Matt, it is 5x5 Rotiserie type scoring....you count the numbers of Wins, number of Saves, number of Stikeouts, etc. And the most wins. ERA and WHIP would be whoever has lowest. Same with hitting, most HR's, RBI, RUns, stolen bases, best average and slugging percentage.

So 10 categories. I assume winner each week will be whoever has the tops in more categories, wins that matchup.

if it's standard Yahoo then I believe it just ends in a tie, unless it's a playoff matchup then whoever scored the most runs advances. I lost that way a couple of years ago.
aardvarks
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 87)

Postby MPhilly03 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:28 pm

aardvarks wrote:
Burt The Butcher wrote:
MPhilly03 wrote:

if it's standard Yahoo then I believe it just ends in a tie, unless it's a playoff matchup then whoever scored the most runs advances. I lost that way a couple of years ago.

Okay so at the end of the season team records will be something 11-11 not 110-110? Just asking because I have seen it done both ways and it might change strategy a bit.
MPhilly03
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rvthd » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:21 am

MPhilly03 wrote:
aardvarks wrote:
Burt The Butcher wrote:

Okay so at the end of the season team records will be something 11-11 not 110-110? Just asking because I have seen it done both ways and it might change strategy a bit.

Scoring will track the wins and losses in each category every week for a team. For example, scores may be 7-3 or 5-5 at the end of the weeks H2H match. The total won/loss record for your team will be added over the entire season.
rvthd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MPhilly03 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:37 am

rvthd wrote:
MPhilly03 wrote:
aardvarks wrote:

Scoring will track the wins and losses in each category every week for a team. For example, scores may be 7-3 or 5-5 at the end of the weeks H2H match. The total won/loss record for your team will be added over the entire season.

Thanks so records will be more like 110-110 for the year?
MPhilly03
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Burt The Butcher » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:45 pm

MPhilly03 wrote:

That would not make sense. Seems like it should be actual H2H matchup weeks won, so 1 win or 1 loss per weekly matchup. Otherwise, why go through the H2H matchups?
I lost my boots in transit babe
A pile of smoking leather
Nailed a retread to my feet
and prayed for better weathe
r
Burt The Butcher
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 185)

Postby MPhilly03 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:09 pm

Burt The Butcher wrote:
MPhilly03 wrote:

That would not make sense. Seems like it should be actual H2H matchup weeks won, so 1 win or 1 loss per weekly matchup. Otherwise, why go through the H2H matchups?

I have played in leagues like this where you play head to head by category. That is why I thought it might be worth getting it clarified. Thanks!
MPhilly03
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rvthd » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:40 pm

MPhilly03 wrote:
rvthd wrote:
MPhilly03 wrote:

Correct.
rvthd
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Field of Dreams