League Chat - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Field of Dreams

League Chat

Moderators: sportsguy138, rvthd, Baseball Moderators

Re: League Chat

Postby chipperjones » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Burt The Butcher wrote:
chipperjones wrote:
pounder3 wrote:The only thing with with 8-12 hour time limit is the difference in geographic areas. This may cause a problem, may not. Just something to think about.


i'm in a very different time zone i assume than most people in this league, and in my fantasy hockey draft, where we did it the same way, it didn't create an issue (i'm hours ahead of the eastern time zone). it's the only way to do the draft. no time limit, no end to draft. it might get annoying for some people that there are times where everyone is online and it's my pick, but it's the middle of the night for me, but it wasn't an issue in my hockey draft, and i'm a responsible owner so i always get my picks in as quick as i can. i don't stall for no reason.


I was thinking the point made pounder was maybe 8-12 hours was not enough time due to differences in time zones. i think we should set it at 12 hours, and if it becomes an issue for some teams, we can adjust.


if we make it more than 12 hours the draft will take forever. teams can pm lists of their next players to the commish and he can make picks for teams that have this issue.
chipperjones
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 118
(Past Year: 118)
Joined: 2 Dec 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League Chat

Postby Burt The Butcher » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:26 pm

Yep. Personally, I think 12 hours is perfect.

Also, I was wondering who are the officers of this league (commish, rules committe, etc.) - who is responsible for calling for a vote, or making final decisions, etc
I lost my boots in transit babe
A pile of smoking leather
Nailed a retread to my feet
and prayed for better weathe
r
Burt The Butcher
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 189
(Past Year: 185)
Joined: 15 Nov 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League Chat

Postby sportsguy138 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:19 pm

Burt The Butcher wrote:Yep. Personally, I think 12 hours is perfect.

Also, I was wondering who are the officers of this league (commish, rules committe, etc.) - who is responsible for calling for a vote, or making final decisions, etc


We're going to keep it at twelve hours to start and reduce it if necessary.

A final decision would come into my hands. I'll do whatever I think is best for the league.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8777
(Past Year: 405)
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League Chat

Postby chipperjones » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:23 pm

can we get a bit of elaboration on the 5 in-season pickups? are they only related to prospects, but to add and drop regular MLBers, we can do as much as we want. or are we only allowed to add ANY 5 players over the course of the season?
chipperjones
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 118
(Past Year: 118)
Joined: 2 Dec 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League Chat

Postby sportsguy138 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:33 pm

chipperjones wrote:can we get a bit of elaboration on the 5 in-season pickups? are they only related to prospects, but to add and drop regular MLBers, we can do as much as we want. or are we only allowed to add ANY 5 players over the course of the season?


The 5 in season pick ups are for guys that have been called up by an MLB team but are not on any farm that you are allowed to pick up with one of your in season pick ups.

Once you have picked up a called up player, you need to announce it in the yahoo boards and I (or rvthd) will adjust the farms. You can then drop them for another player and the in season pick up counts, and the player is added to the farm. You are allowed to pick up and drop this player till the end of the year, regardless of IP/AB since they're on your farm as an in season pick up. If they've gone over by the end of the year, you have a decision to make if you want to keep them after the year on your MLB roster or if you want to drop them.

Does that help?
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8777
(Past Year: 405)
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League Chat

Postby Burt The Butcher » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:47 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:
chipperjones wrote:can we get a bit of elaboration on the 5 in-season pickups? are they only related to prospects, but to add and drop regular MLBers, we can do as much as we want. or are we only allowed to add ANY 5 players over the course of the season?


The 5 in season pick ups are for guys that have been called up by an MLB team but are not on any farm that you are allowed to pick up with one of your in season pick ups.

Once you have picked up a called up player, you need to announce it in the yahoo boards and I (or rvthd) will adjust the farms. You can then drop them for another player and the in season pick up counts, and the player is added to the farm. You are allowed to pick up and drop this player till the end of the year, regardless of IP/AB since they're on your farm as an in season pick up. If they've gone over by the end of the year, you have a decision to make if you want to keep them after the year on your MLB roster or if you want to drop them.

Does that help?


I need reminder of roster sizes for both Active and Rookie squads. I think I saw we have 40 man Active roster - how many slots for Minors?

I like this idea, but need clarification. Does this take the place of waivers? If not, how is this different from waivers? Is it only that they are rookie status eligible, and can be moved down to our rookies squad? If so, are we not going to be allowed to move other players that still qualify as rookies?

I kind of like the idea thrown out, to be able to freely move players still with rookie status, back and forth as we see fit, until they no longer qualify.
I lost my boots in transit babe
A pile of smoking leather
Nailed a retread to my feet
and prayed for better weathe
r
Burt The Butcher
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 189
(Past Year: 185)
Joined: 15 Nov 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League Chat

Postby sportsguy138 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:03 am

Burt The Butcher wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:
chipperjones wrote:can we get a bit of elaboration on the 5 in-season pickups? are they only related to prospects, but to add and drop regular MLBers, we can do as much as we want. or are we only allowed to add ANY 5 players over the course of the season?


The 5 in season pick ups are for guys that have been called up by an MLB team but are not on any farm that you are allowed to pick up with one of your in season pick ups.

Once you have picked up a called up player, you need to announce it in the yahoo boards and I (or rvthd) will adjust the farms. You can then drop them for another player and the in season pick up counts, and the player is added to the farm. You are allowed to pick up and drop this player till the end of the year, regardless of IP/AB since they're on your farm as an in season pick up. If they've gone over by the end of the year, you have a decision to make if you want to keep them after the year on your MLB roster or if you want to drop them.

Does that help?


I need reminder of roster sizes for both Active and Rookie squads. I think I saw we have 40 man Active roster - how many slots for Minors?

I like this idea, but need clarification. Does this take the place of waivers? If not, how is this different from waivers? Is it only that they are rookie status eligible, and can be moved down to our rookies squad? If so, are we not going to be allowed to move other players that still qualify as rookies?

I kind of like the idea thrown out, to be able to freely move players still with rookie status, back and forth as we see fit, until they no longer qualify.


40 man mlb roster and unlimited for minors within the rules. Trades / pick ups will reflect this number but we have no maximum for milb rosters. So 5 milb draft picks (10 most likely in the first year) every year and 5 in season pick ups rewarded to every team. As minors go over ab/ip you'll have to call up or let go of them and the minors will shrink a bit. Then there are the draft picks and in season pick ups to expand again- i think its a good balance ;-D

the in season pick ups doesnt replace waivers. you can use your waiver for an in season pick up (you odnt have to) for somebody that has been called up to a major league squad but isnt on anyones farm. you'll be able to call up your drafted farm players at any time if theyre in the yahoo data base and send them down as well. if theyre over the ip / ab for the year, you can still send them up and down UNTIL the year is over - they will lose their farm eligibility once the year is over.

Make a little more sense?
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8777
(Past Year: 405)
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League Chat

Postby Burt The Butcher » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:01 am

sportsguy138 wrote:40 man mlb roster and unlimited for minors within the rules. Trades / pick ups will reflect this number but we have no maximum for milb rosters. So 5 milb draft picks (10 most likely in the first year) every year and 5 in season pick ups rewarded to every team. As minors go over ab/ip you'll have to call up or let go of them and the minors will shrink a bit. Then there are the draft picks and in season pick ups to expand again- i think its a good balance ;-D

the in season pick ups doesnt replace waivers. you can use your waiver for an in season pick up (you odnt have to) for somebody that has been called up to a major league squad but isnt on anyones farm. you'll be able to call up your drafted farm players at any time if theyre in the yahoo data base and send them down as well. if theyre over the ip / ab for the year, you can still send them up and down UNTIL the year is over - they will lose their farm eligibility once the year is over.

Make a little more sense?


Not really. How are these 'in-season' pickups handled if not via waiver wire?

I agree with previous post, I think this is too many. 15 first year, 10 each year after? If you allow me to get an additional 5 rookies, plus draft 5 each year, without limit, I plan to take full advantage. yes, we will be moving some of them up, some teams more than others I am sure, but still. 40 man roster, and 25-50 MILB rosters? I really think 10 to seed the MILB roster, than additional 5 each year is plenty.
I lost my boots in transit babe
A pile of smoking leather
Nailed a retread to my feet
and prayed for better weathe
r
Burt The Butcher
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 189
(Past Year: 185)
Joined: 15 Nov 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League Chat

Postby chipperjones » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:29 pm

Burt The Butcher wrote:Not really. How are these 'in-season' pickups handled if not via waiver wire?



it seems to me that the in-season pickups are handled via the waiver wire. you sign them just like any other FA you would pickup, just with rookies that weren't on any of our farm teams before the season, you only get 5 of them, and provided they have been brought up to their real life big club. they are then treated like anyone else on your prospect team (i.e. they can be brought up and down as much as you like during the season, and if once the season ends they have passed the 150 AB/50 IP limit, you have to either release them or bring them up to your main roster for good).
hope this helps. let me know if you need any more clarification.
chipperjones
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 118
(Past Year: 118)
Joined: 2 Dec 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League Chat

Postby Burt The Butcher » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:19 pm

chipperjones wrote:
Burt The Butcher wrote:Not really. How are these 'in-season' pickups handled if not via waiver wire?



it seems to me that the in-season pickups are handled via the waiver wire. you sign them just like any other FA you would pickup, just with rookies that weren't on any of our farm teams before the season, you only get 5 of them, and provided they have been brought up to their real life big club. they are then treated like anyone else on your prospect team (i.e. they can be brought up and down as much as you like during the season, and if once the season ends they have passed the 150 AB/50 IP limit, you have to either release them or bring them up to your main roster for good).
hope this helps. let me know if you need any more clarification.


So just regular waiver wire pickup, in waiver order, and we have 5 options to move extra players to MILB squad?

I would probably vote against it, but am not 100% opposed...
I lost my boots in transit babe
A pile of smoking leather
Nailed a retread to my feet
and prayed for better weathe
r
Burt The Butcher
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 189
(Past Year: 185)
Joined: 15 Nov 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Field of Dreams

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact