Problem of Abundance...will return the favour for any help! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Problem of Abundance...will return the favour for any help!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Problem of Abundance...will return the favour for any help!

Postby pre1322 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:24 am

Hi everyone,

Haven't used the board very much recently, but I have an interesting problem of abundance to attend to in a keeper league that I was looking for some outside opinions on. Complicated league set-up...12 teams, 6x6 w/ standard cats plus HLDs and OPS. 5 farm spots in addition to active roster with separate offseason draft (winner of the league receives 1st pick in the prospect draft). 10 keepers, plus anyone who finishes the season with less than 30GS/60GP for pitchers or 600AB for hitters can be kept without counting against those 10 keepers (we call them exemptions). I'm pretty well stocked next year, roster below:

C S Perez
1B J Votto
2B D Pedroia
3B P Sandoval
SS S Castro
OF A McCutchen
OF J Bruce
OF S Choo
UTIL W Myers (<=600AB)
BN D Freese
BN J Lowrie
BN R Braun

SP C Kershaw
SP A Wainwright
SP M Cain
RP M Rivera
RP G Holland
P G Balfour
P T Clippard
BN L Hochevar
BN H Ryu (<=30GS)
BN A Wood (<=30GS)
DL C Luebke (<=30GS)
DL M Harvey

FARM
E Gattis
J Profar
G Polanco
A Almora
J Fernandez

My original plan was to keep Votto Pedroia Panda Castro Braun Cutch Choo Kersh Waino Cain, and use exemptions on Myers Profar Gattis Fernandez Ryu Wood Luebke, and keep Almora and Polanco on the farm. I'm likely headed to the finals, so the 1st overall prospect pick is a very real possibility. I cant decide between Choo and Bruce, but an leaning Choo for the speed he beinga to the table and my relatively strong power numbers. I don't think Harvey is a worthwhile risk, given his plan to put off surgery, the likelihood of a year off baseball, and the talent I have in reserve that would be let go. I'm also wondering if the strong performances of guys like Perez and Holland are more worthwhile keepers than struggling talents like Panda, Freese and Castro. As it stands now, I would only have to fill 4RP spots and a BN spot in the draft.

So my questions:
1) Choo or Bruce as my last OF keeper? I have too many already, and I will likely try to trade the odd man out before the draft for something.
2) should I think about Perez or Holland over Panda and Castro? If I went that direction I would find a way to get Matt Davidson on my roster and use an exemption on him as insurance for next year.

All help will be returned, I'll keep checking this the next few days. I'm urgently on my way to 3 championships in 5 keeper leagues, so I can be an excellent resource! Thanks!
pre1322
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Problem of Abundance...will return the favour for any he

Postby Element » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:53 pm

1) Choo or Bruce as my last OF keeper? I have too many already, and I will likely try to trade the odd man out before the draft for something.

--Choo, but I could see Bruce being a very safe pick. Choo is a FA this winter. Who knows where he ends up.

2) should I think about Perez or Holland over Panda and Castro? If I went that direction I would find a way to get Matt Davidson on my roster and use an exemption on him as insurance for next year.

--I am not ready to give up on Castro yet. Chalk it up as a down season.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Re: Problem of Abundance...will return the favour for any he

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:20 pm

Bruce for OF, can you keep Harvey as a year long DL exemption?
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1961)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions