Keeper Question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keeper Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper Question

Postby mojoorising » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:04 am

hey guys,

So we started a keeper year this year and we ge to keep 2 guys 1 pitcher and 1 hitter. Keeper costs u the round u drafted the player in the degrades 3 rounds every year after that. Guys picked up off the WW cost a 13th round pick next year thats why i have a few round 13 guys. Any help is much appreciated and as always WHIR

Standard 12 team 5x5 roto

Here is what i have it narrowed down too

Pitchers:
Scherzer - 7
Papelbon - 13
Motte - 13
Iwakuma - 24

Hitters:
Myers - 22
Puig - 13
Adam Jones - 4

I'm leaning towards Myers and Scherzer but Iwakuma is tempting and i think the closers are interesting too. Lemme know your thoughts
mojoorising
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper Question

Postby pcm4 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:26 am

Thanks for the help with mine. I would never keep a closer in any format. Saves are a funny game and for every Rivera there are 10 guys like Soria who looked like a top closer and then vanished. Plus closers really only help you win 1 category whereas a SP makes much larger contributions to the other 4.

Iwakuma is a great value there, but Scherzer is a stud and keeping him for a 7th this year and possibly a 4th the year after seems like the better play to me.

I'd probably have to go with Puig. The upside there is enormous and he as the potential to be a 5 category guy, but I can't fault you for going with Myers at that price.
pcm4
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions