Need some help, did our commish screw up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Need some help, did our commish screw up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need some help, did our commish screw up?

Postby CyboNinja » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:58 am

12 team H2H playoffs in full swing. We're down to the final 4 and both match ups are close as can be. All of the sudden a team out of the playoffs just dropped Mariano Rivera and Joe Nathan to upgrade his keepers. We only keep 7 and our rosters are 24 players large. I should also mention that as of this morning both match ups are tied in saves 3-3, and 4-4. Team A sent commish a text stating his issue with said moves. Commish decided to place those players back on the knuckle-head's roster and be done with it. Now other teams are crying foul as the commish is one of the final 4 teams. Did he make the right move? I could really use you're guys opinion on this a lot. Thanks.
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 202)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need some help, did our commish screw up?

Postby GregAquino » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:07 pm

are teams able to pick up players during the playoffs? How did dropping players affect the scores?
GregAquino
T-Ball Trainer

Postby CyboNinja » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:24 pm

It ended up not affecting anything. He put both players back on their respective rosters. Some owners pissed and moaned all over the league message board and that ended up being it. Our commish settled the matter by offering the owner with the highest ww priority his choice of Mo or Nathan and that owner (who was crying the loudest) has gone silent since. I'm just trying to get my commish's back as I agree with his ruling. We don't have an official rule in place but this kind of thing has never been an issue before. Teams are basically aloud to add and drop players at their leisure until after our keepers are locked in. Everyone is always looking for the next Mike Trout or Puig or whatever.

I should add had this been aloud to go through scores would not have been effected thus far but there's still baseball to be played and saves are still close in both match ups 6-4 and 5-4. Also both match ups are close enough to where it could come down to 1 save to determine who moves on to the finals at 7-4-1 and 5-4-3.
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dmojr » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:42 pm

Some leagues lock teams that are out of the race to avoid situations like this, so I think your commish did fine.

Dave ;-D
dmojr
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 51)

Postby CyboNinja » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:46 pm

dmojr wrote:Some leagues lock teams that are out of the race to avoid situations like this, so I think your commish did fine.

Dave ;-D

Ya we're going to be adding a rule in the off season governing transactions during the playoffs but in the meantime he took a lot of heat from a couple owners and I feel bad for him. Thanks for your input. :-)
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Commissioner's Corner