Cheering - Venting & your h2h playoffs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cheering - Venting & your h2h playoffs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cheering - Venting & your h2h playoffs

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:25 am

I had hopes for more wins but a nice season.

Two H2H victories after finishing first in the regular season in both. That never happens. Whenever I win the regular season I usually get bounced from the playoffs.

1 out of 8, family league
2 out of 9, NL money league
4 out of 14, Pond Scum
4 out of 12, friends dynasty league
6 out of 14, Hot Stove
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedBullVodka » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:55 pm

I wouldn't normally post, but my wife doesn't give a shit, my friends don't get baseball, and I need to share!

Eight leagues this year:

Brushback Cafe league (14 teams, 5 keepers, roto): 1st (second year in succession)
Leftovers Cafe league (14 teams, redraft, roto): 1st (second year in succession)
H2H UK -(on same lines as wrveres old H2HWS (with Chris8)- 16 teams, H2H, redraft): 1st in regular season; won playoffs
H2H UK league (Chris8's baseball mates' league - H2H, 12 teams, redraft): 2nd in regular season; won playoffs
FAST Cafe Elimination league (top 3 progress to Championship round after qualifying last year - 12 teams, roto, redraft): 1st

ESPN Public league (mainly for draft practice; 10 teams, roto, redraft): 1st
ESPN Auction (12 teams, roto, redraft): 1st (won last day by 0.5/1 points from next two teams!)
ESPN Razzball commenters league (12 teams, roto, redraft): 8th (I know, I know!!)

Unbelievable.

Won't ever happen again, so just wanted to shout about it somewhere. Even if no one here will give a shit either.
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 45)

Postby ayebatter » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:20 pm

RedBullVodka wrote:Won't ever happen again, so just wanted to shout about it somewhere. Even if no one here will give a shit either.

You're right I don't care but studly in any case. ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1428)

Postby wrveres » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:20 pm

RedBullVodka wrote:I wouldn't normally post, but my wife doesn't give a shit, my friends don't get baseball, and I need to share!

Eight leagues this year:

Brushback Cafe league (14 teams, 5 keepers, roto): 1st (second year in succession)
Leftovers Cafe league (14 teams, redraft, roto): 1st (second year in succession)
H2H UK -(on same lines as wrveres old H2HWS (with Chris8)- 16 teams, H2H, redraft): 1st in regular season; won playoffs
H2H UK league (Chris8's baseball mates' league - H2H, 12 teams, redraft): 2nd in regular season; won playoffs
FAST Cafe Elimination league (top 3 progress to Championship round after qualifying last year - 12 teams, roto, redraft): 1st

ESPN Auction (12 teams, roto, redraft): 1st (won last day by 0.5/1 points from next two teams!)
ESPN Razzball commenters league (12 teams, roto, redraft): 8th (I know, I know!!)

Unbelievable.

Won't ever happen again, so just wanted to shout about it somewhere. Even if no one here will give a shit either.
thats awesome.
huge congrats ;-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 744)

Postby Cy37 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:51 pm

So, I had the #1 pick of the draft... but who to pick? Braun's a stud, but has the Biogenesis thing hanging over him. Miggy is great, but has no speed.
And then there's Mike Trout, who Shandler et al all said was going to regress like no one's business.

Trout carried me to victory last season, however, when I took a chance and grabbed him off waivers a couple of days before he got called up. I have had an unabashed man crush on Trout ever since. So, I took a leap of faith and took the risk.

Present day - I'm in a neck and neck matchup in my H2H finals. It comes down to home runs. If I could tie that category, I'd win, but things didn't look good - I lost E3, Heyward, and most of my other power sources to injury the last couple of weeks. I was grasping at straws, trying to find some power.

Once again, Mike Trout saved the day. Four home runs over the two week matchup, the last of which occurred on the very last day of the season, giving me just enough to tie in that category and win me the championship. Had I picked either Miggy or Braun first, I would have lost. Picking Mike Trout with my first pick decided my entire season.

I love that man.
Cy37
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)

Postby wrveres » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:57 pm

Cy37 wrote:Once again, Mike Trout saved the day. Four home runs over the two week matchup, the last of which occurred on the very last day of the season, giving me just enough to tie in that category and win me the championship. Had I picked either Miggy or Braun first, I would have lost.

Picking Mike Trout with my first pick decided my entire season.

i wouldn't go that far, but congrats.
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:36 pm

I have never been happier about a 5th place finish in my life. B-)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 213)

Postby wrveres » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:41 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:I have never been happier about a 5th place finish in my life. B-)
well you no doubt earned it. 156 moves?
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:41 am

RedBullVodka wrote:I wouldn't normally post, but my wife doesn't give a shit, my friends don't get baseball, and I need to share!

Eight leagues this year:

Unbelievable.

Nice. That is impressive.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby Skin Blues » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:59 am

Congrats, RedBull. Looks like you beat some good competition.

It was overall a down year for me, but I still managed to win 2 of my 5 leagues, and had a 3rd and 4th place in two others. Wasn't close to winning either of those though. And I really disappointed in my NL Only. I finished 9th after pretty much everything went wrong.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 191)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers