Cheering - Venting & your h2h playoffs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cheering - Venting & your h2h playoffs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cheering - Venting & your h2h playoffs

Postby kab21 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:28 am

Are they really still playing baseball?

I was eliminated a month ago and the Twins were eliminated in May (possibly April).
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:01 pm

Strategy question: Assuming I make the championship game, I have the option of either calling up Yordano Ventura from my minor league squad, or not. If I don't, I'll probably stream or add an offensive player with a good matchup, basically cycle through a new player every day.

If I pick up Ventura, he's on my roster to stay for next year and I can't send him back down. This means if he's going to start next year in the minors I'm less likely to do this. Any Royals fans have any information?

If I don't pick up Ventura, I'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel for streaming purposes. Ventura has a lot of talent and gets Seattle and then @CWS for the last week.

Thoughts?
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby Element » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:43 pm

lane_anasazi2 wrote:Strategy question: Assuming I make the championship game, I have the option of either calling up Yordano Ventura from my minor league squad, or not. If I don't, I'll probably stream or add an offensive player with a good matchup, basically cycle through a new player every day.

If I pick up Ventura, he's on my roster to stay for next year and I can't send him back down. This means if he's going to start next year in the minors I'm less likely to do this. Any Royals fans have any information?

If I don't pick up Ventura, I'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel for streaming purposes. Ventura has a lot of talent and gets Seattle and then @CWS for the last week.

Thoughts?

Probably too late to make a difference as your roster is likely set already, but I can't see where they would start the season with him in their rotation. They have his service clock and his innings count against him for 2014. I could also see where they could feel pressured into having 'the next Jose Fernandez' (meaning from April to September). Royal management were on the hot seat entering the season. I'm not sure what the buzz in KC is right now, but with 2014 being Shields' last season (I think Santana is also a FA) the front office could pull out all of the stops.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)

Postby wrveres » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:58 pm

2013 Cafe Masters

I need 2.5 points.

that gain in WHIP is worth two points essentially.

That'd be sweet. ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:17 am

wrveres wrote:2013 Cafe Masters

I need 2.5 points.

Maybe, maybe I'll stay away from the drop zone by Sunday's end. :-B

I could use an extra 2 points in the n00bs league myself:

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby wrveres » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:26 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:

I need 2.5 points.

nice win! next stop, pond scum.
see you in two years. :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby Element » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:52 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:

I need 2.5 points.

The weekly lineup has killed me in this league. I don't know how many times I've made moves and had forgotten to place players in my Monday lineup (I think I wasted the entire month of April this way). It just happened last week with a couple of 2-pitch starters. I could have really used the counting stats. I've been stuck in this 82-86 point range for months now. It's killing me.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)

Postby J35J » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:40 pm

Element wrote:The weekly lineup has killed me in this league. I don't know how many times I've made moves and had forgotten to place players in my Monday lineup (I think I wasted the entire month of April this way)

You play in too many leagues if this is the case.

With that said, One thing you should get in the habit of his when you make a move, immediately go to your Monday lineup and put them in the starting lineup/rotation....don't wait until Sunday/Monday to do it.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:56 pm

J35J wrote:
Element wrote:The weekly lineup has killed me in this league. I don't know how many times I've made moves and had forgotten to place players in my Monday lineup (I think I wasted the entire month of April this way)

You play in too many leagues if this is the case.

With that said, One thing you should get in the habit of his when you make a move, immediately go to your Monday lineup and put them in the starting lineup/rotation....don't wait until Sunday/Monday to do it.

Yeah, I got into the habit of setting my lineups once I got the email notification. I even double-checked my lineups because the Yahoo mobile app had occasional trouble saving lineups.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby jfg » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:06 pm

I was burned at least 3 times this year by a player going down on Friday night or Saturday and not being able to pick anybody up. My Pond Scum team still sucked, it's probably the worst team I've ever drafted (somehow I still sit in 9th place) but is there a way in Yahoo to make Sunday a free for all day for all the Cafe leagues? I love FAAB leagues but without a bench there has to be a way to make a last minute move or else we need to have a bench.

In my money league I've made up 8.5 points in the last week to be tied for 2nd. 1st has been locked up for at least a month and a half, but I was losing my grip on 3rd place and thought I'd be out of the money and now it's a dead heat for 2nd and I definitely have the most points to gain or I could lose a bunch and just finish in 3rd. The 2nd place team really doesn't have control over his destiny. Should be a fun last week.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers