Why, hello there Marco Estrada! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why, hello there Marco Estrada!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Why, hello there Marco Estrada!

Postby ramble2 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:13 am

So Marco Estrada was one of my preseason sleepers/undervalued/targets/whatever this year. I suspect a lot of other users shared that view, and were disappointed with him this year. I, luckily, didn't draft him, taking Jeter in the 10th round instead in my keeper league. (What?! Jeter in the 10th? Followed by Ichiro and Marcum in the 11th and 12th round? What the hell? How am I winning my league? I love looking back at my draft as the season draws to a close. Ahem, I digress. Back on topic.)

Right now Estrada is only owned in 23% of Yahoo leagues. Have you seen what he's done since returning from the DL? 24 IP, 21 K, 1.88 ERA, 0.71 WHIP. Not too shabby. If he was on your radar as a cheap yet effective innings filler, might be worth checking on his availability in your league. Definitely worth a flyer in H2H. Not sure I completely trust him yet in my roto league (1450 IP limit), but I'm stashing him in case Fernandez, Wheeler and/or Teheran get shut down and I need to fill in those innings.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Why, hello there Marco Estrada!

Postby Skin Blues » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:49 am

Yeah, it's been nice to have Estrada start to live up to expectations. And he's done it against some pretty good teams. His past 3 starts have been against the Rangers, Cardinals and Reds.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Re: Why, hello there Marco Estrada!

Postby Mrlee » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:23 am

Ok, Ya Talked me into it. I just picked him up. It is a dynasty League, he might be a good starter next year also.
Mrlee
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Baseball Leftovers