QUCIK HELP NEEDED: Bogaerts waiver issue - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

QUCIK HELP NEEDED: Bogaerts waiver issue

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

QUCIK HELP NEEDED: Bogaerts waiver issue

Postby Knights » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:34 pm

So I added Bogaerts in a keeper league when Yahoo mistakenly added him as a FA instead of putting him through the waiver process. Understandably, the guy with the #1 WW priority is not happy.

The commish is putting it to a league for to determine whether I get to keep him or if he should be subject to waivers.

My argument is that when Urruita get added to the system, Yahoo made the same mess up by adding in as a FA and someone else added him. Nothing was done to correct this, so why should I lose Bogaerts?

At the same time though, I know this was a blatant mistake by Yahoo and is reality I have no right to have Bogaerts. Given that this is a keeper league with guys I work with, I don't want this whole ordeal to cause on-going and long-term issues in the league.

Do I have any right/reason to fight to keep Bogaerts, or should I step up and just say to give him to the guy with the #1 waiver wire priority so as not to ruffle too many feathers?

PLEASE HELP ASAP.... I'd like to tell the league tonight if I'm going to allow Bogaerts to go to this other owner.
Knights
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: QUCIK HELP NEEDED: Bogaerts waiver issue

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:49 pm

As the commish of my Yahoo league, my advice was simple. Was it fair? Absolutely not. Was it your fault? Also, not. But in the end fairness rules over who was at fault. If the guy with the #1 WW wants him, he should get him. I had the exact same problem in my league, and I resolved it by asking the manager to drop him for the other team to pick him up. He did, which is why I run a very respectable league.

My opinion...You should not even wait for it to come to that, just drop him and sleep well at night knowing you did the right thing in a fake fantasy league.

Cheers!
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)

Postby Knights » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:15 pm

Almost immediately after my post, before even reading your reply, that's exactly what I did.

I asked the commish to put Bogaerts back to the waiver wire to allow the other owner to claim him. I couldn't keep him in good conscience.

Good to know my feeling are echoed.
Knights
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 28)

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:17 pm

Kudos to you!

It's only fantasy and Bogaerts isn't going to light it up from start. You did the right thing!

helpe me out
viewtopic.php?t=464032
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)

Postby germani40 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:42 pm

Idk if our leagues are different but in my Yahoo league Bogaerts was added into the system before the season started and was taken in our offseason draft. Are you sure they just skipped the waiver system or was he available all along and no one knew?
germani40
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 98)

Postby MadDog36 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:13 pm

Precidence was: they made a mistake..you shouldn't be faulted.

Here's my best advice - allow the LM to put both your names into a hat and draw the winner...for both Urrutia (the guy who got him and the guy with #1 priority at the time - or whoever wanted him)...

Make it a chance.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1886)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions