Stanton/Trout swap in 8 player deal... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Stanton/Trout swap in 8 player deal...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Stanton/Trout swap in 8 player deal...

Postby Elsy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:00 am

10 team 12 keeper H2H 11x11 scoring. Currently in 3rd, 2 games ahead of 4th...6.5 back of 2nd and 32 back of 1st but feel I can make a good run in playoffs. Should I make this deal:

Get - Mike Trout, Alfonso Soriano, Fernando Rodney, Jeff Locke(corrected from Hellickson)
Give - Giancarlo Stanton, Buster Posey, Gio Gonzalez, Yovani Gallardo(just picked up from WW)

Roster: start C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 2x IF, LF, CF, RF, OF, 2x util 4x SP, 3x RP, 3x P and have 4 bench and 1NA spot plus 3/4 DL spots

Batting: Mauer, Goldschimdt, Rendon, Beltre, Jose Reyes, Posey, Adam LaRoche, Rajai Davis, Brantley, Stanton, Calhoun, Matt Carpenter, AROD, Moustakas. on DL Rasmus, CarGo, Melky Cabrera. with NA Oscar Tavares

Pitching: Verlaner, Darvish, Gonzalez, Ryu, Mujica, Casey Janssen, Frieri, Dane De La Rosa(short term), Griffin, Iwakuma, Hamels, Jacob Turner, Gallardo

Thanks for any input and whir
Elsy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 43)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Stanton/Trout swap in 8 player deal...

Postby SecretAgentMan » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:04 am

From a keeper basis, I much rather have Trout.

That said, the other guys you are getting are worthless longterm and you would be giving up probably 3 of your keepers to get 1. You may find that weakens your last 1 or 2 keepers going into next season too much since you have to keep 12.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)

Postby kidsilk » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:37 am

I love you getting Trout in a keeper but I think you are giving up too much here. I would keep what you have.

viewtopic.php?t=464016
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1231)

Postby dannahann » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:48 pm

I think this is what you would have to pay (probably even more) to realistically trade for Trout in a keeper format BUT I agree with the others and wouldn't do it. Trout's cost to acquire is just so incredibly high that you ultimately do far more damage to your team overall than the benefit you receive in a league keeping 12 each. I can see this kind of overpay in a keep 2 or 3 setting but advise against it in this situation.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions