SP value for Ellsbury WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

SP value for Ellsbury WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

SP value for Ellsbury WHIR

Postby Purplerox » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:32 pm

I put out a feeler looking for additional SP depth as my staff has underwhelmed since the AS break. I am in first and have consistently won SB, so i can spare him but am having trouble gauging his value.an owner immediately expressed interest in Ellsbury so, what is a good straight up offer for ellsbury($17) the owners staff is as follows:

Strasburg($1), Sale($6), Bumgarner($18), Hamels($18), A. Sanchez($9) J. Fernandez($1), Ryu($5) and Wheeler($11)

I'm open to packaging a SP with him as well to get multiple SP.

Leave a link and ill help in return! Thanks
7x7 dynasty auction 10tm
C:Norris
1B:C. Davis
2B:Rendon
3B:Encarnacion
SS:Desmond
OF:CarGo, McCutchen, Ellsbury,Springer, kemp UTIL: Francisco
SP: Scherzer, Bailey, Latos, Samardizjia, Lynn, Fister, Walker, Salazar
RP: Soriano, Chapman
Purplerox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: SP value for Ellsbury WHIR

Postby dcmove2003 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:47 pm

I would shoot for the stars and ask for Strasburg (Although I would not call that equal value in a non-redraft league, and certainly not in a dynasty league for those values. Perhaps more reasonable might be Sale or Baumgarner (who pitch very well but don't get wins given their teams). Fernandez would be a great in dynasty, but if you are looking for help this year, he's of less value in that case given pending shutdown.

Can you help me? viewtopic.php?t=463791
dcmove2003
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 68)

Postby MadDog36 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:51 am

Well I'd take Sale off his hands on the dirt cheap, he'd be much better if he pitched for a contender or at least the White Sox shed some payroll this offseason and improve through trades/FA. I have a feeling they will make a few moves to get back into contention since they have a little bit of payroll coming off the books and what not. Mad Bum is also fair value here and he's about the same price as Ellsbury but wouldn't be best value to you. I mentioned this as the fairest approach, take this as your fallback option. Youdon't want to insult him and make it to where you can't acquire a good low end ace that he's obviously made available. Fernandez isn't THAT expensive IMO. Shoot I'd even take Hamels if you have to as a last option...both are good vets at a similar price tag as well.

I would go:

Fernandez (obviously a great buy - but Marlins might be another year or two from elite status when their OF grows in maturity and becomes the focal point of the offense and actually gives them a legit offense + Dietrich (Uggla Jr XD)
Strasburg (might be tough to get this guy because of his value and age)
Sale (might be best value of all these given age and ace value)
Mad Bum
Sanchez (who I didn't even notice before)
Hamels
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1942)

Postby Skcl7274 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:24 am

I would try for Strasburg first, but Sale might be more realistic. Sale would be my second choice since your probably looking to win this season being that your in first place. Long term Fernandez has the most value in my opinion though.
Skcl7274
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Purplerox » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:14 pm

So the owner rejected my offer for Sale. His reason being that Sale has more value long term and OF is deep. This essentially removes Stras, MadBum, Fernandez from the convo as they're all < 25 years old. So my question is:

Is anibal fair value for ellsbury? His peripherals suggest so( 2.41 FIP 2.96 xFIP and all % in line with his career) but his career doesn't comfort me. Can he sustain beyond this year?

As always thanks for the in-depth responses, I really appreciate your willingness to help me out!
7x7 dynasty auction 10tm
C:Norris
1B:C. Davis
2B:Rendon
3B:Encarnacion
SS:Desmond
OF:CarGo, McCutchen, Ellsbury,Springer, kemp UTIL: Francisco
SP: Scherzer, Bailey, Latos, Samardizjia, Lynn, Fister, Walker, Salazar
RP: Soriano, Chapman
Purplerox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor