The trade deadline in my 16-team keeper league is this Sunday, and my focus is two-fold:
1) Add back-ups at SS and OF. (Stephen Drew's hot streak is bound to fizzle out sooner than later, right?)
2) Decide whether to trade Johnny Cueto now or wait until the off-season.
NOTE: I've already traded away my 3rd round pick in an earlier deal to get Jay Bruce.
I'm thinking about trying to take care of both #1 ans #2 at the same time by offering up Cueto for Jurickson Profar and a 1st round pick (knowing I'd likely have to take a lesser pick, so I'd settler for no lower than a 3rd rounder.
Profar would give me my backup at 2B/3B/SS, and I would get the early round pick for Cueto that I want to re-acquire. It wouldn't satisfy my need for a backup OF, but my starting OF is more stable and OF is easier to find on the WW than middle infielders.
Is Cueto for Profar and a 1st, 2nd OR 3rd round pick a good value and offer? Or do I need to expand the deal to get more (mid-tier SP?) or give more?
Thanks for any suggestions you can give!
C Jonathan Lucroy (Mil - C)
1B Anthony Rizzo (ChC - 1B)
2B Dustin Pedroia (Bos - 2B)
3B Brett Lawrie (Tor - 2B,3B)
SS Stephen Drew (Bos - SS) FILLING IN FOR HANLEY
LF Alex Gordon (KC - LF)
CF Shin-Soo Choo (Cin - CF,RF)
RF Jay Bruce (Cin - RF)
Util Hunter Pence (SF - RF)
BN Hanley Ramírez (LAD - 3B,SS)
BN Mike Moustakas (KC - 3B)
SP Madison Bumgarner (SF - SP)
SP Brandon Beachy (Atl - SP)
SP Hiroki Kuroda (NYY - SP)
SP Jarrod Parker (Oak - SP)
RP Edward Mujica (StL - RP)
RP Jim Henderson (Mil - RP)
P LaTroy Hawkins (NYM - RP)
BN Kyle Lohse (Mil - SP)
BN Dan Straily (Oak - SP)
BN A.J. Griffin (Oak - SP)
BN Jonathon Niese (NYM - SP)
DL Johnny Cueto (Cin - SP) DL
ORIGINAL POST BELOW IS NO LONGER RELEVANT - OWNER WILL NOT DEAL PRADO
For #1... in and ideal world, I'd like to acquire both Martin Prado (2B/3B/SS/LF) and Shane Victorino (LF/CF/RF) from the same owner, but he's reluctant to move them. I really don't want to give up another early-round pick, but since this other owner is out of contention and has already given up his 1st, 2nd and 5th round picks, I wonder if offering him a 6th rounder for these guys might entice him? It will get him a pick back in the first part of the draft, and he won't get that for either of them after the season! And I would think that I should be able to trade Hunter Pence in the off-season for a pick in the first 6 rounds.
For #2... it's very unlikely that I'll keep Cueto, so I'd like to use him to acquire a 3rd round (or earlier) pick in order to regain the pick I traded away earlier. The question is, do I hold on to him till the end of the season in case he comes back during fantasy playoffs, or do I trade him now for a good pick and either a back-up infielder (Profar maybe?) or SP depth (Cingrani?)?
Or to combine #1 and #2, do I maybe offer Cueto for Prado/Victorino, since it's looking bleak for Cueto to return this season anyway? This would mean I wouldn't have to give up another early-round pick, however my chances to get my 3rd round pick back before next years draft would be pretty slim without Cueto to offer up though.
Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome!!
Last edited by Knights on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.