8/12-8/18 CHEERING - VENTING - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

8/12-8/18 CHEERING - VENTING

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 8/12-8/18 CHEERING - VENTING

Postby ayebatter » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:31 am

ayebatter wrote:Capuano throws a 3-0 fastball right down the pipe :-t - Dodgers lose. :-[



Nope - ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 12225
(Past Year: 1275)
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I CAN SEE FOR MILES

Re: 8/12-8/18 CHEERING - VENTING

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:38 am

Rolling Haren, Anibal, and Cingrani all today.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 307)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: 8/12-8/18 CHEERING - VENTING

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:49 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Rolling Haren, Anibal, and Cingrani all today.


Haren gonna get rocked. Brandon Belt can't be stopped.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14142
(Past Year: 427)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: 8/12-8/18 CHEERING - VENTING

Postby TheTrith » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:50 pm

Is Sonny Gray expected to remain in the rotation all the way through the end of the regular season?
Ya, it was Houston but he was pretty dominant today and his control was terrific.

A dynasty league im in only allows a player to be moved from the MLB roster to the MiLB roster 3 times during the course of each contract.
So I dont want to burn an option by promoting him if hes going back down/to the pen at any point this year, and then only have 2 moves with him over the next 4+ years.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 408
(Past Year: 283)
Joined: 19 Jun 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 8/12-8/18 CHEERING - VENTING

Postby ayebatter » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:14 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Rolling Haren, Anibal, and Cingrani all today.


Haren gonna get rocked. Brandon Belt can't be stopped.


Well not a winner but hardly rocked unless you consider the Giants getting 1 run off him rocked, Belt did get a solo shot off him though.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 12225
(Past Year: 1275)
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I CAN SEE FOR MILES

8/12-8/18 CHEERING - VENTING

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:14 pm

ayebatter wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Rolling Haren, Anibal, and Cingrani all today.


Haren gonna get rocked. Brandon Belt can't be stopped.


Well not a winner but hardly rocked unless you consider the Giants getting 1 run off him rocked, Belt did get a solo shot off him though.

That Dan haren has been something else lately.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 3882
(Past Year: 172)
Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: ..skipping the light fandango.

8/12-8/18 CHEERING - VENTING

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:18 pm

TheTrith wrote:Is Sonny Gray expected to remain in the rotation all the way through the end of the regular season?
Ya, it was Houston but he was pretty dominant today and his control was terrific.

A dynasty league im in only allows a player to be moved from the MLB roster to the MiLB roster 3 times during the course of each contract.
So I dont want to burn an option by promoting him if hes going back down/to the pen at any point this year, and then only have 2 moves with him over the next 4+ years.



I don't know what to do. I have strasburg, greinke, scherzer, Zimmermann, beachy, Tillman, cingranni, haren, Miley. Also, I have the most faab dollars. I don't feel right letting someone else get sonny grey, but don't know who to drop to get him.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 3882
(Past Year: 172)
Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: ..skipping the light fandango.

Re: 8/12-8/18 CHEERING - VENTING

Postby TheTrith » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:59 pm

I think Gray's upside would force me to cut Miley. In the average 12 team league there are usually at least a few SPs of similar skillsets to Miley on the wire - guys like Arroyo, Chacin, McCarthy, Kennedy, Hellickson who have might have a good to average WHIP, but posses limited K ability, and fluctuating ERA.

Gray can be much better than that with his ability to strike guys out, and he pitches in the best park in baseball.
If he gets sent back to the pen at any point the worst that happens is pick one of them up.

Unless of course there is a penalty for adds/drops or demotions like in the league I mentioned.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 408
(Past Year: 283)
Joined: 19 Jun 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

8/12-8/18 CHEERING - VENTING

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:38 am

TheTrith wrote:I think Gray's upside would force me to cut Miley. In the average 12 team league there are usually at least a few SPs of similar skillsets to Miley on the wire - guys like Arroyo, Chacin, McCarthy, Kennedy, Hellickson who have might have a good to average WHIP, but posses limited K ability, and fluctuating ERA.

Gray can be much better than that with his ability to strike guys out, and he pitches in the best park in baseball.
If he gets sent back to the pen at any point the worst that happens is pick one of them up.

Unless of course there is a penalty for adds/drops or demotions like in the league I mentioned.

My guess is that you aren't aware of how good Miley has been over the past 45 days or so.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 3882
(Past Year: 172)
Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: ..skipping the light fandango.

Re: 8/12-8/18 CHEERING - VENTING

Postby J35J » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:14 am

lastingsgriller wrote:
TheTrith wrote:I think Gray's upside would force me to cut Miley. In the average 12 team league there are usually at least a few SPs of similar skillsets to Miley on the wire - guys like Arroyo, Chacin, McCarthy, Kennedy, Hellickson who have might have a good to average WHIP, but posses limited K ability, and fluctuating ERA.

Gray can be much better than that with his ability to strike guys out, and he pitches in the best park in baseball.
If he gets sent back to the pen at any point the worst that happens is pick one of them up.

Unless of course there is a penalty for adds/drops or demotions like in the league I mentioned.

My guess is that you aren't aware of how good Miley has been over the past 45 days or so.


He's been good but it has still come with limited K's...and the point isn't who has been better in the last 45 days, it's who's going to be better in the next 45 days...I'd probably take the upside in Gray as well considering you already have a good core group of starters so you can afford to gamble just a bit.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 361)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 9:00 hours
(and 96 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact