Wieters for Lincecum or Lackey? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Wieters for Lincecum or Lackey?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wieters for Lincecum or Lackey?

Postby guyincognito » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:47 pm

I recently acquired Mauer in a trade, so now I'm looking to move Wieters for an SP. Being offered Lincecum or Lackey for him from one owner and Hellickson from another. Not a big fan of Hellickson, but who would you take?
guyincognito
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wieters for Lincecum or Lackey?

Postby BaseballProf » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:59 pm

I actually like them all for the remainder of the season, but I like Lincecum best. I don't like getting into the habit of leaving links on the forums because it's way too spammy, but I did write a post just 5 days ago about Lincecum and Hellickson as stretch run targets (http://www.baseballprof.com/2013/08/sp- ... ellickson/). Maybe it's useful, maybe not.

In short, Lincecum’s walk rate has returned to pre-2012 levels, and his strikeout rate is the highest it’s been since 2010. Despite having the 17th-lowest fly ball rate of the 73 pitchers who have thrown at least 120 innings this season, Lincecum has the 47th-lowest home run rate in the league, measured in HR/9. That suggests he’s been pretty unlucky.

Lackey is somehow having a career year, but I still take Lincecum's upside over him. I do believe we're going to see him rebound.
BaseballProf.com (noun) - A comprehensive fantasy baseball site, often used by people who want to win fantasy championships.

Example: Dude, I totally won my league thanks to BaseballProf.com.
BaseballProf
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Skcl7274 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:00 pm

Hellickson has not pitched we'll of late. Lincecum has been great his last three starts. I'm not a huge fan of Lackey but he has been solid this season. I think Lincecum is your best option for the rest of the season though.
Skcl7274
College Coach
College Coach

Postby daullaz » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:15 am

We answered this in this week's Cafe Pod:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/2013 ... epod20.php
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions