What does your league do in this situation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

What does your league do in this situation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What does your league do in this situation

Postby trumptight » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:41 pm

this has happened three times in my league so far, twice with me involved.

thie first incidence, a trade was accepted and i was to receive betancourt. literally hours later he was placed on the dl. so the other guy said he would veto it (he was the commish) cuz that aint right.

another one, someone proposed a trade and once he came back to his computer, perhaps a day later, he saw that it was accepted and the guy he was receiving was on the dl.

i myself proposed a trade of coco crisp for tommy milone just last week in the morning. came back that evening to see that it was accepted and he was optioned down.

in all three the trade was vetoed, but there has been some disagreements in the league about what should happen. so im asking what happends in your league when:

a) someone accepts a trade once he learns the player hit the dl
b) a trade is being processed and a guy lands on the dl within the first 24 hours
c) a trade is being processed and a guy lands on the dl after the first 24 hours but before the trade is processed.
trumptight
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What does your league do in this situation

Postby trumptight » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:20 pm

bump. any information on any experience with this stuff would be great. we are trying to keep this league going for years, things like this need to get ironed out
trumptight
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby BaseballProf » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:40 pm

a) Scummy by the guy who accepted it. I wouldn't veto the trade, but if it's an active league they will make note of it and he'll screw himself over for future trades.

b) Tough luck. In my keeper leagye a buddy of mine traded Braun for Matt Moore and a bunch of other good parts to make a playoff push, and then Moore hit the DL. Sometimes it's tough luck and no one saw the injury coming. It blows, but it's life. Sometimes the guy is day-to-day when he's traded for and then he hits the DL. That's the fault of the guy who traded for him. In either situation, it shouldn't be vetoed.

c) Same as above.

The only time I condone vetoing trades is when collusion is clearly occurring. Other than that, let the trades go.
BaseballProf.com (noun) - A comprehensive fantasy baseball site, often used by people who want to win fantasy championships.

Example: Dude, I totally won my league thanks to BaseballProf.com.
BaseballProf
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)

Postby bginda2g » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:44 am

BaseballProf wrote:The only time I condone vetoing trades is when collusion is clearly occurring. Other than that, let the trades go.

That says it all. Sounds like the people in your league need to pay closer attention as well.
bginda2g
College Coach
College Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:05 pm

a) someone accepts a trade once he learns the player hit the dl
b) a trade is being processed and a guy lands on the dl within the first 24 hours
c) a trade is being processed and a guy lands on the dl after the first 24 hours but before the trade is processed.

a) Veto. The trade accepted is not the trade that was offered. Some people don't have 24 hour access to injury information or their fantasy team and shouldn't be penalized because the douche that he offered the trade to had quicker access to the information. This is the same reason I play in FAAB leagues.

b) Goes through. The trade that was offered is the trade that was accepted. Anything that happens after that is fair game.

c) See b.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Postby ayebatter » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:35 pm

I don't see any difference between your trade snafus from a FA pickup that goes wrong (you drop player A for player B who minutes/hours/days later goes on the DL), no collusion no veto.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1364)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions