Rizzo/Gyorko for Altuve/S Perez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Rizzo/Gyorko for Altuve/S Perez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rizzo/Gyorko for Altuve/S Perez

Postby cubsfan61 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:31 am

I've been offered Rizzo and Gyorko for Altuve and Perez in our keeper league. In the league we can keep 5 players our of our first 20 round picks and 6 players from the final 6 rounds (including players we may have added from our minor league roster). All 4 players are from the bottom 6 keeper group.

The trade is tempting, as I think Rizzo and Gyorko have the potential to perform better than they are this year (that probably goes for Sal Perez as well). But.. Our team already has E. Encarnacion at 1B (bottom 6 keeper), A Gonzalez who qualifies at 1B (top 5 keeper) and Jonathon Singleton on our minor league squad who may be playing 1B for the Astros as early as next year. At 2B we have Zobrist who we probably won't be keeping next year (top 5 keeper), and Altuve. I'm not that high on Perez and wouldn't mind trading him. Since 2B and Catcher are more scarce positions though, I'm planning to decline the trade, but thought I'd see what the general opinion was.

Kevin
cubsfan61
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rizzo/Gyorko for Altuve/S Perez

Postby daullaz » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:46 pm

We answered this question in this week's Cafe Pod:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/2013 ... epod19.php
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Re: Rizzo/Gyorko for Altuve/S Perez

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:56 am

I think I would throw A-Goz back...and take Rizzo on better value here. Gyorko makes Alltuve expendable. Perez is a solid young catcher but there are those to be had for value picks in the draft. ;-D
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1927)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions