First post here. To kick things off, I am passionate about STEM education and a big believer in empowering young learners to learn math and statistics around their favorite sports, teams, and players. I have started working on a web application that will allow learners to dig into the stats of their favorite baseball teams and players, and learn math and statistics concepts such as ratios, percentages, manipulation of numbers, and pre-algebra as they dig deeper into their favorite topics. Think of it was Fantasy Baseball for kids meets the math classroom.
A couple of topics that I have come up with so far are:
1. Player battle - compare various stats of two players and determine who is better overall
2. Team battle - compare various stats of two teams and determine which team is better overall
3. Player's performance - Is the player performing better or worse compared to last season?
4. Team's performance - Is the team performing better or worse compared to last season?
5. Future prediction - If the team continues to perform at the current rate, how will they end up this season?
I'd love to get some ideas from the gallery on what other interesting analyses can be done. If you are interested in checking out the preview of what this learning tool looks like, please pm me. Thanks!