In 1st Now...Is This a Championship Team? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

In 1st Now...Is This a Championship Team? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

In 1st Now...Is This a Championship Team? WHIR

Postby NYG1119 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:20 am

10-Team, 3 Keeper League w/Weekly H2H Daily Lineups.
Categories = Record (So if you win 8 out of 12 you are 8-4)

Batting = R, HR, RBI, TB, SB, .AVG
Pitching = W, QS, K, ERA, WHIP, SV

My Team - 27 Roster Spots, 3 DL
C - A.J. Pierzynski
1B - F. Freeman
2B - D. Pedroia
3B - M. Cabrera
SS - E. Aybar
OF - C. Gonzalez
OF - W. Myers
OF - B. Gardner
UT - P. Alvarez
UT - D. Brown
BN - J. Upton
BN - Y. Cespedes
BN - J. Lake

SP - M. Harvey
SP - M. Bumgarner
SP - M. Moore
SP - P. Corbin
SP - S. Miller
SP - H. Iwakuma
SP - D. Fister
SP - M. Cain
SP - B. Arroyo
SP - M. Cain
SP - J. Teheran
SP - M. Gonzalez
SP - I. Nova
SP - W. Miley
SP - T. Cingrani
SP - J. Cueto* [DL]
SP - B. Beachy* [DL]
SP - W. Rodriguez* [DL]

Ok so as you can see by my roster, I am enjoying an excellent season. I am currently @ (105-75-5) which is good for top seed and 9 games ahead of 2nd place.

Now things look good on the surface. I lead the league in runs convincingly. I am 2nd in HR, RBI, and TB to only a team that has Crush Davis, Cano, Goldy, and other boppers. I'm in the top half in SB and top 3 in average a few points ahead of 4th. My pitching is even better. I have a ton of K's, 125 QS and 90 W to this point to go along with my pristine 3.39 Team ERA, and my even better 1.105 WHIP. As you can see I have however disregarded saves.

My draft was awesome, I have found the right WW Gems, and I have made trades to vastly improve my team. Unfortunately there are still some issues:

1. C and SS is weak
C - Started w/ M. Montero...what a bust. Got A.J about a month back after he came off the DL.
SS - Started with Alcides, got Aybar a couple weeks back, and jumped on Lake hoping for a Puig-like player (SS eligible in ESPN). Should I try to get a guy like Everth Cabrera?

2. Struggling stars
I don't have any clue what to do with Upton and Cespedes. Justin has been lost since his MVP month, and La Potencia has gone from a .220 version of Adam Dunn to a .220 version of Ben Revere. At least he was hitting bombs before.

3. "Shutdown September"
I think I have enough depth for this but come playoff time, more significantly the championship week, some of my starters will be already on vacation. I plan on keeping Harvey so he stays but guys like Corbin, Miller, Teheran, and Cingrani could also be out of the rotation by that time. Obviously I have guys waiting in the wings (Beachy, Cueto) but losing those top 3 could loom large.

Okay, so now that I have given you a rundown of my team...does anyone have any suggestions for my issues, any trade ideas for the deadline?

It would be a shame if this team didn't take it down. If Cain, Upton, and Cespedes just played at 80% of their projections, I would be far and away with this one but those struggling stars have kept everyone else hanging around.

I also need to mention that I have never been too fortunate when playing fantasy. I know there really is no fix for this but I just thought I would mention it to help with suggestions. Because say I traded for Verlander because he should turn it around...he prob would finish with a 4.5 ERA or get hurt. I'm sure you guys can see I'm dealing with injuries to arguably my 2 best players in Miggy and Car-Go...hope they don't linger.

I would appreciate any feedback and I will definitely help with any questions you may have so leave a link.

Thanks
NYG1119
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team