K-Rod or Soria for Holds - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

K-Rod or Soria for Holds

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

K-Rod or Soria for Holds

Postby Cyard » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:13 pm

I'm in an AL-only league that counts Holds. I just picked up K-Rod, but now I'm wondering if perhaps I should drop him and pick up Joakim Soria instead. I'm in a very tight race in Holds, where an extra handful can move me up or down a couple of places.

I currently have six starters, two closers and two set-ups. My other set-up man is David Robertson.

I imagine I'll want to keep my starter count at six (one of whom is on my bench... It's a revolving door there.) Otherwise, I could drop one of my starters (Mark Buehrle, Phil Hughes, Rick Porcello, Jose Quintana, Corey Kluber, and James Shields) and have both Soria and K-Rod! I'm in a pretty close race in Wins too, though I don't have much to lose there, being as I'm currently in last place in that category.
Cyard
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: K-Rod or Soria for Holds

Postby Millhouse » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:06 pm

If you can gain more in holds than wins, I'd drop one of your SPs for KRod. Probably Hughes or Buehrle.

See mine? viewtopic.php?t=463609
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 98)

Re: K-Rod or Soria for Holds

Postby Cyard » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:30 pm

Millhouse wrote:If you can gain more in holds than wins, I'd drop one of your SPs for KRod. Probably Hughes or Buehrle.

See mine? viewtopic.php?t=463609

Holds and Wins are pretty much the same situation for me. Holds standings, as of last night's games, are 56, 46, 44, 42, 42, 36, 33, 23, 11, 10 (the bold 42 being me,) while Wins are 59, 57, 57, 53, 52, 51,48, 45, 43, 42 (the bold also being me... Hey! How 'bout that... I have the same number of Holds and Wins!). I guess I should stand pat with starters (the number of 'em, anyway) and I'm getting the vibe from your response that there won't be much difference between Soria and K-Rod.

Of course, Soria has actually appeared as a set-up man, whereas K-Rod has yet to in his two games as an Oriole. K-Rod is just assumed to be the new set-up man in Charm City, from what I've read.
Cyard
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions