Braun Suspended for Remainder of Season - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Braun Suspended for Remainder of Season

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Braun Suspended for Remainder of Season

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:11 pm

Honestly, what a scumbag. Clearly there's a ton of evidence, and this is so scummy in light of what he said after winning his appeal the first time around.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SecretAgentMan » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:17 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Honestly, what a scumbag. Clearly there's a ton of evidence, and this is so scummy in light of what he said after winning his appeal the first time around.

He got off on a technicality the first time. Did anyone really believe he was innocent?
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:58 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Honestly, what a scumbag. Clearly there's a ton of evidence, and this is so scummy in light of what he said after winning his appeal the first time around.

He got off on a technicality the first time. Did anyone really believe he was innocent?

No, but he certainly did a good job turning his nose up at those involved in the testing, and swearing that he was innocent because no substance ever entered his body. One heck of a Palmeiro impersonation. That's where the 'scumbag' type stuff is coming from, I believe. Not because he was guilty, but because after getting off on a technicality, he got all preachy and holier than thou about it and tried to really sell his innocence. It's that type of stuff that doesn't sit well with the masses, generally.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Kind of surprised by this. They really must have had a lot of evidence. Most people here know my stance on PEDs, I mostly don't care. I do take some pleasure in seeing Braun shamed though, because he was such a douche about it the first time around. If he (when he won his 1st appeal) had just said that he was glad it was over and wanted to get back to baseball I'd have been fine with it. But he stood there and gave his diatribe against the process and threw the handler under the bus and basically accused him of tampering with his sample...knowing full well he was juicing. To me that goes beyond even what Palmeiro did in front of Congress. Braun is a douche and I feel no sympathy for him.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:00 am

I think that the scumbag moniker comes up because he got off on more than a technicality, he said that the person that collected his sample tampered with it. More than a technicality, he ruined that guy's job. Like Armstrong lying and ruining the careers of people around him.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 275)

Postby Skin Blues » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:16 am

I realize that the players involved in this cheated and lied, but I wouldn't go so far as to applaud MLB. From what it looks like, the Biogenesis leaker and the Miami New Times both refused to share their information with MLB, at which point MLB took some pretty extreme actions to steal the documents. This whole thing makes everybody look bad. But I'm sure the media will be inclined to spin it to make MLB look like heroes and the players look like villains.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Postby AHF » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:38 pm

Skin Blues wrote:the players look like villains.

MLB aside, is there another way to look at the players who used PEDs?
AHF
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Skin Blues » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:50 pm

No, and that wasn't my point. The players are justly being labeled villains, while MLB is somehow seen as a hero. They're both wrong. I don't know why Tony Bosch would be seen as credible, but the guy that leaked the documents and was harassed by, and had his car broken into by, MLB "security" is not credible. MLB tried to do it the fair way, and their case against Braun fell apart, so they did it the dirty way, and nobody seems to have a problem with it.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kaiser » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:56 pm

Skin Blues wrote: the guy that leaked the documents and was harassed by, and had his car broken into by, MLB "security" is not credible. MLB tried to do it the fair way, and their case against Braun fell apart, so they did it the dirty way, and nobody seems to have a problem with it.

I'm not familear with this aspect of the story. Can you post a link with more info on this?
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)

Postby Skin Blues » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:33 pm

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2013-06-20 ... guez/full/

Long story short, the guy who leaked the documents says this: he was working for Tony Bosch got screwed out of money he was owed once the steroid scandal was exposed. So he took all of the documents, photocopied some of them and released them to the Miami New Times (these are the ones we've seen) and hid everything in a storage locker. He was coerced by MLB investigators to cooperate, and he repeatedly denied, despite being stalked by them. He eventually started to cooperate with the DOH, and after he picked up the records from a storage facility, his car was broken into and everything was stolen, including his laptop and a Beretta. Fast-forward a few months, and MLB claims to have a treasure trove of evidence. It's hard to know who is telling the truth, but I don't know why Tony Bosch would be more credible than Porter Fischer.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers